Aug 27, 2016
Hey im having problem on my clutch not engaging. Start the bike and pull the clutch in and slap it into 1st the bike would leap forward. Even when the bike is off and u put it in gear and pull the clutch in the rear will locks up. I install and new aftermarket cable and its tight. I open up my clutch basket and inspec the plates and their all in spec around .0114-.0119 inch. There no blue colour on my clutch plates. I mafe sure i had the ball bearing behind the push rod and its there. When i reinstall the plates in and install the pressure plate back on and the bike was on its side so no oil leaks out. I push the clutch in and notice the first 4 plates were sticking to the preasure plate and then 3 plates drop down after acouple seconds but only 1 plate stayed. Is this normal. I install all the friction plate with the number facing outward because for some reason i notice some number where inward and some where outward. Last year was running perfect no issue but then i go it rebuild and did crabk bearings at a local shop and installed a new cable and then the problem started happening. The linkage inside the flywheel almost touched the cover and i see the presure plate moving out when the clutch lever is press in. Could my spring need to be change.

Aug 27, 2016
Forgot to mention bike is a 06 yz125 with the 6 gear transmission. Bike shift beautifuly in every gear and no slippage and even if the cable was to tight that mean the clutch would stay engage at all time right?

Top Bottom