ezandeve

Jan 10, 2004
Hello there all,
my partners son has an 01 cr125 that up until now (owned 4 a year) has been trouble free.
we were out riding and noticed that every time he started it that day it needed more of a kick to get it lit, and then the last stop we had no go, just simply died.plug was fine, was getting fuel, everything seemed normal.We ended pushing it home and took a look at it...? Next day it went fine until it started to die again when throttle was let off/clutch pulled in.what we found is that when this happens and we stop the bike, it just wont start at all,roll- start it and shes fine...can even stop it once its lit and it will start with the kicker again...its got me stumped.
I hope Ive given u guys enough symptoms to come up with any ideas on what could be the prob.
All help is very much appreciated thankyou
Regards
EZ

ezandeve

Jan 10, 2004
The plug is a nice tan color and was renewed along with a fresh engine not that long ago, about 7 easy hours.
Any other suggests?

viking20

Sponsoring Member
Aug 11, 2002
When a plug has to burn of the extra oil used for assembly it can be a bit too much. Even though plugs last for a long time if the jetting is reasonably close , I usually start up the engine with the old plug after a rebuild.
After the 2 or 3 heat cycles , the new plug goes in before heading to the track.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom