Chris25

Oct 17, 2018
I just got a 1993 cr125r for my 15yr old son for bday. It needs topend rebuild and the head looks pretty bad. I worked on many 2strokes when I was younger but it’s been about 20 years. Which is why I wanted an older bike. Anyway my question. Honda discontinued the heads for 93. I found a used head and cylinder for a 94. Im getting conflicting info if the head will fit. The cylinder is supposed to be the same. So can I put the 94 cylinder on his bike with the 94 head or can I just use the 94 head? I can probably get it machined but for the price of the 94 top end I wanted to use it if possible. I am new to this forum but been reading a lot on here and seems most know way more than me. Thanks for any help or suggestions

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
92 (*) - 97 cylinders/heads are interchangeable, just some slight porting differences. I would use the cylinder-head combo rather than just replacing the head.

*I believe the 90-91 were similar but used a domed piston so the head would be different.

Chris25

Oct 17, 2018
92 (*) - 97 cylinders/heads are interchangeable, just some slight porting differences. I would use the cylinder-head combo rather than just replacing the head.

*I believe the 90-91 were similar but used a domed piston so the head would be different.
I really appreciate the info. All my research says the cylinders are the same in those years but I’ve got conflicting info some saying the head won’t work. Looks identical but I wanted to ask someone who has experience. I’ll use the combo as you suggested. Thanks for your help and time

Top Bottom