RIX

Jun 12, 2006
Hello, I just bought a 1999 CR125, it has been ridden a lot but never raced, it seems like a good runner. It starts good, compression seems good. My question is, I have oil coming out around the area where the pipe bolts to the engine. I think it is more than it should be.. I know that 2 strokes will do this to some degree but it just seemed like a lot to me. I noticed it after a 2 hour ride yesterday. I have an FMF fatty pipe on it. And I guess it has an aftermarket RAD valve? I am running Bel Ray MC-1 oil. Again I am really new to this so I don't have all the terms down yet. I guess I am wondering how much oil seepage is normal around the pipe/exhaust port?

One other question, where is a good spot to get a owners manual for this bike, the guy I bought it from lost the original.

wornknobby

Feb 5, 2004
well if it is really bad, then i would take off the pipe and check the gasket, it is probally blown or junk.(if so get a new one)

next i would check your jetting, the bike might seem to run good and start good, but it sounds like it is alittle on the rich side. there is a sticky at the top of the two stroke forums page that you will find useful. :cool:

next to find a manual, just go to your local parts place and ask them to order you one. they only cost like $25 and save you sooooo much time and effort.

hope this helps.

lkessler

Aug 27, 2004
There is a drain plug on the front of the case below the pipe that drains a cavity in the cylinder head. I had the same problem with the bike I got for my boy. Get the factory service manual it's worth the money!!

RIX

Jun 12, 2006
Thank You Guys,

I took the pipe off last night, it does appear that the seal is worn or junk. I will check out the jetting, and monitor the oil at the pipe, I got it all very clean in that area now so I can watch it closely. I was most concerned that the main case seal was failing, but that all seems good.
I will be heading to my dealer to pick up a manual, I was hoping I could get one online but it appears that Honda does not sell or display tech pubs on line, no problem.

Well Thanks again for the tips, I have learned a lot already just from playing with the bike a little last night.

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
For your leaking, check the O-rings on the pipe. If they are cracked, you might want to replace them. FMF sells pipe O-rings and springs for a little more than 10 bucks.

Top Bottom