Jun 22, 2007
Alright, i need to do a top end rebuild. My first question is, when i buy a new sleeve, and then put it in the cylinder, do i have the stock bore?

If i put a new sleeve in do i still need to hone?

2strokerfun

May 19, 2006
blackedoutcr125 said:
Alright, i need to do a top end rebuild. My first question is, when i buy a new sleeve, and then put it in the cylinder, do i have the stock bore?
If i put a new sleeve in do i still need to hone?

I'll try to be tactful: If you are asking this question, you are unable to resleeve a cylinder. First question: what year is your bike?? Second question: Why do you think it needs to be resleeved?? Answer those and we'll get back to you on our thoughts of whether or not you actually need to resleeve it. If you do, you will want to pay a shop, like LA Sleeve, to do it for you. Not many knowledgable people will attempt to do a resleeve themselves.

In answer to your second question: New sleeves have a rough hone and, generally, they will need to be honed before using.

And Fox, the shirt line was friggin Funny!!

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Honestly I used to use a guy to do a similar service,back when plating first came out! There is almost no way I would recommend it. I even believe they are plating iron bores now! Blacked you need to make an intelligent decision,either replate it or go big! It will probably work out to the same price.

Jun 22, 2007
alright, its a 2001 honda cr125r, the top end blew out i was told, and its siezed up, i thought since it siezed the inside of the cylinder would be junked up and need to be resleeved?

since the bike siezed up what do you think is going to need to be replaced?

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
If it was me,I would figure on a rod,main bearings,seals,a complete gasket set,and measure the bore. If it just needs a light hone and fit a stock size piston,if it needs a bore might as well go big! Should be under 400 dollars and you will have a new engine! Good for another million miles!

Jeromeo

Feb 26, 2007
blackedoutcr125 said:
alright, its a 2001 honda cr125r, the top end blew out i was told, and its siezed up, i thought since it siezed the inside of the cylinder would be junked up and need to be resleeved?

since the bike siezed up what do you think is going to need to be replaced?

Alright if the bike has never been bored and you barely scratched up the cylinder you probably do not need to resleeve. If it can't be bored anymore then you will need a resleeve. Best bet is you take the cylinder off and bring it in to get checked and see if you can bore it. Then they will re-measure it after and give you the correct sized piston. Otherwise if the piston made a huge gouge in your cylinder then yes you will need a resleeve. But first check to see if there was any damage to the inside of the cylinder. For us to give you an informed decision we actually need to physically see the cylinder, which is not possible.

Jun 22, 2007
say i want to go big, and get that bored out to something niceeeee! say a 144 or even bigger, what needs to be changed and done? just have the cylinder bored out and then get the over sized piston right? nothing else needs to be changed or done to fit and work to that bore?

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
blackedoutcr125 said:
say i want to go big, and get that bored out to something niceeeee! say a 144 or even bigger, what needs to be changed and done? just have the cylinder bored out and then get the over sized piston right? nothing else needs to be changed or done to fit and work to that bore?
Plating, pv mods, head mods. Like wffr said, call Eric.

Top Bottom