snobdrbutch

Damn Yankees
Sep 22, 2005
ok heres my latest dilema..... i had my bike out last weekend and let it warm up for about 5 min and then headed up the trail just putzn along in first gear. but about 500 ft up the trail it died so i tryed to restart it and it just didnt want to start at all so i pushed it back to the garage and tryed to start it again with no prevail so i pulled the plug it didnt look to bad a little wet but not burnt. so i replaced the plug and it started on the first kick.. so im trying to figure out why this is doing this??
it was a little cold out like 40 degrees but i have had the bike out in less than that a couple of weeks prior to this and it ran fine. so i guess my question is is it my jetting or should i re jet it or should i put a different temp. plug in it????

can anyone help on this im baffled.... :think:

sorry for rambleing on but im hoping to go riding this weekend and its supposed to be cold again and i dont want this to happen when im out in the middle of paragon....

thanks for your help. :nod:

CamDayKX125(4)

Uhhh...
Jan 20, 2006
if it keeps fouling plugs there are three options: 1, jet it leaner 2, move the air screw 3, move the clip up(this moves the needle down) first try jetting it leaner. then moving the clip up. :nod:

TimberPig

Jan 19, 2006
CamDayKX125(4) said:
if it keeps fouling plugs there are three options: 1, jet it leaner 2, move the air screw 3, move the clip up(this moves the needle down) first try jetting it leaner. then moving the clip up. :nod:

You do realize that the air screw and the clip position are part of the jetting circuits of a bike? So they would be part of "jetting it up".

snobdrbutch

Damn Yankees
Sep 22, 2005
well what do you think i should try first i have never messed with jetting before i have heard of moving the clip up but i think i just need some guideance..

oldfrt613

Feeble Sponsoring Member
Jun 29, 2005
Yeh, try a BR8EG, they have a much better electrode than the ES series. The 8 plug is "hotter" than the 9 plug, so it will stay cleaner if your jetting is rich.

snobdrbutch

Damn Yankees
Sep 22, 2005
IM GONNA GO OUT AND PICK UP A COUPLE OF THOSE AND JUST GIVE IT HELL THIS WEEKEND ITS SUPPOSED TO BE COLD SO ILL TRY AND SEE WHAT IT DOES.
THANKS FOR THE ADVICE :nod:

Jun 12, 2005
Why are you yelling? We like to keep it down here at drn :laugh:
snobdrbutch said:
IM GONNA GO OUT AND PICK UP A COUPLE OF THOSE AND JUST GIVE IT HELL THIS WEEKEND ITS SUPPOSED TO BE COLD SO ILL TRY AND SEE WHAT IT DOES.
THANKS FOR THE ADVICE :nod:

snobdrbutch

Damn Yankees
Sep 22, 2005
i'm sorry i didnt mean to yell i am on duty listening to the radios and i have to fill out a log on the computer but the millitary loves everything in capital letters so i forget to turn it off. :( as for putzn in first gear i mean like i take off down the trail but its not that long of a trail till the next one then it can be opened up.
but thanks everybody for all the advice i really appreciate it. :aj:

Top Bottom