Privymaster

Jan 22, 2000
Hey fellow HP addicts. I need to know what tried and true performance mods are recommended for a 2000 CR500. It's already been ported by Mr. Gorr (which helped for real) and that's it. Spacers,valve blocks,pipes,jetting,??? After reading all the past threads, it seems to be a real mystery. Maybe it's supposed to be.
I ride Michigan trails, and have raced other more "modified" CR 500's up sand hills, and have gained a wheel lenght by the top.
Are they maxed out from the factory??

privymaster@yahoo.com

KWJams

~SPONSOR~
Sep 22, 2000
Can you say---

"FUEL!"

<<--HERE-->> is a picture of my son riding a 500 at Billings last year on fuel.

I snapped this shot just before it launched out from under him. :(

morph

Dec 7, 2001
hey privymaster when you say ported do you mean the ports were cleaned up to flow better or have all the ports been resized with widths and heights changed.i was just curious as i have an 86 500 with a CT RACING full drag port job and the ports on it dont resemble the stock layout .this thing cranks.
at the moment i'm upgrading the head/inlet/pipe to match it and so far 70hp at the rear wheel is looking attainable porting alone has givin me 56hp from the stock 40.

MXN4FUN

Jul 7, 2000
Privy there are little eyebrow like indentions above the exhaust port (to ease starting I think) bore the cylinder to remove these for more snot. These were put in a while back to make the motor easier to handle. Old 500's of the eighties were quite a thrill ride(85 in particular). New 500 's are basically toned down mid80's motors. With a bit better carbueration. If thats not enough put like a 1000 main jet in and run alcohol.:p

redrider30

Feb 6, 2002
My bro just won the AMA D23 hillclimb championship on a Gorr ported 97 CR 500. Other goodies include; 46mm Lectron carb, Vforce reed valve, Pro Circuit pipe and silencer. It seems to be an extremely strong running machine as he kicked my as* on a KTM 550 with virtually the same mods except the porting. Maybe I should have Eric look at mine!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom