Cr85 Clutch Crank Shaft Seals Replacement

Justnow

Sep 22, 2014
Hi All,
Just wondering if anyone can help me, I have replaced the crank shaft seals and put in a new dirt digger clutch in my son's CR85.
After finishing putting it all back to gether late the other night, I thought I will kick it over to see how it was but was unable to start it due to noise. It will kick over but it is still in gear and won’t start, the motor spins freely. It stays in gear and have found that I can't select neutral with the gear lever. I adjusted the clutch cable up and can feel the tension on the lever, but won't release the gear when pulled in. Before I pull the clutch case off again to inspect it as all the fluids are now full has anyone had the same sort of issues or any ideas of a fix.
I’m new to your forum and have found some interesting stuff on here.
Thanks for your help in advance.

arnego2

Mar 8, 2008
I'd study the parts diagram (you find those on several websites like partzilla i.e)
Did you compare the new clutch with the old one?

I think that the clutch has very little do with gears, I suspect something is wrong on the gear assy which sits close to the clutch.

Justnow

Sep 22, 2014
Thanks Arnego, yeh every thing looks the same it was just firbres and plates that I changed didn't replace the basket so every thing else is standard. I thought the same thing that the clutch has nothing to do with the gears very strange, it might just be something is in the wrong spot, I will have to dump the oil/fluids and have a look inside when I get back home.
Thanks for the parts web site that will help down the track.
Cheers

Top Bottom