XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
jboomer said:
. . . James just hit a bad spot on the track. If you watched when Chad and RC came by James just after his wreck, Chad almost endoed over the bars as well....very similar to how Bubba went over.
I was surprised Reed was able to hang on when he almost pulled the same dipsydoodle that Steward did. It could have been an even bigger walk-away for RC had that happened. I've had to finish races after dislocating one or both shoulders, and I can't believe a guy can even hang on that well and stay in the position he did. The Asterisk Mobile Medical guys must have some good stuff they're handing out.

on a side note, my delicate flower -- who is an EMT and a Certified Athletic Trainer -- said that Reed obviously suffered a "dislocated" and not "seperated" shoulder. A shoulder seperation usually requires quite a bit more medical care than a dislocation. I told her that the rest of us mouth-breathing huddled masses didn't really care as much as she did about it. ;)

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
I've never dislocated a shoulder..........but I do have a type III seperation (all ligaments gone) Put me in a sling and out of commision for MONTHS! Can't imagine how Reed could have done it! (if it was seperated) Either way, hats off........

tony91

~SPONSOR~
Jan 30, 2002
Separations are brutal! I had a second degree separation that took me 3 months to recover from. Pretty sure they were saying it was a AC separation..and if it was...he had to of taken the needle more than once.

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Almost forgot, Hats off too BURNER!! :aj:

Every race he has been improving, barring injury, i bet he finishes top 4 in the Outdoors :aj:

Apr 14, 2005
PROPS to local rider Zach Osbourne (the kids like 16 too) for making his first ever professional SX debut a memorable one lol.... he was the KTM in the SX Lites main that sling-shot off the first berm, and almost took out a camera guy

JST122

Dec 29, 2005
Excellent Race all the way around. Best TV coverage all year, I love kicking back on the couch to watch 3 straight hours of Supercross that was awesome! :aj:

RC - just super fast and consistent and that is why he is the GOAT. I believe he is one of the main reasons Bubba spends so much time taking soil samples at these events. He knows that Ricky is behind him and he wants to run away with it so bad to "make a statement" but the fact of the matter is that they are nearly identicle in speed, when Bubba attempts to take a step higher to push the pace he can only maintain it for just so long, Bubba pushes it to ungodly limits and it costs him. When I saw the clip of him claiming to be the new King of Daytona I had to believe that was a promoter push, How can a guy who has never won the race in the premier class make such a claim? Ridiculous.

Stewart - consistency wins championships, not the fastest lap time.

Reed - congrats on showing a lot of heart and determination.

Travis - exciting thanks for showing up.

Solid State

Mar 9, 2001
Daytona observations:

1. Bubba 'Crash-O-Matic' Stewart.
2. RC is a machine. Lapping Stewart was kinda cruel but he just HAD to do it. GOAT.
3. Reed is a real racer. Guts it out, but knows he'll never be the man.
4. Krista Voda is NOT hot.
5. Denny actually shut up most of the race and made sense when he did talk. His partner has to go. What's up with that garbage about setting the suspension firm for the ruts and whoops and soft for the big jumps. PLEASE get rid of this guy.
6. Pastrana is a goofball.

Sorry for the rant. Having a bad day. Great race.

Last edited:

rodH

Aug 17, 2005
XRpredator said:
on a side note, my delicate flower -- who is an EMT and a Certified Athletic Trainer -- said that Reed obviously suffered a "dislocated" and not "seperated" shoulder. A shoulder seperation usually requires quite a bit more medical care than a dislocation. I told her that the rest of us mouth-breathing huddled masses didn't really care as much as she did about it. ;)

LOL, I wish the media and even medical personel would understand the difference of an AC Joint seperation and a Glenohumeral Dislocation.

I am not sure I agree with your friend. I am a Trainer and Physical Therapist and depending on the Dislocation and Seperation, a Dislocation can be MUCH MUCH worse than a seperation. A Seperation never requires surgery (anymore) and a lot of FB players (even QBs) will play on it a week after the injury (with a few injections). A Dislocation, if it tears the capsule, tears the labrum, etc.....can require season or even career ending surgery.

john3_16

May 17, 2004
And to everyone who likes to point out how much faster JBS is than RC - don't you ever wonder just how fast RC could go if he was willing to throw it away every single race?

I've noticed people keep saying this too...But RC turned the fastest lap of the day with a 50.6 to JS 50.8...Both RC's and JS's fastest laps occured in the heat race...And there's been several races that RC had the best laptime...

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
people in the background are smiling big :nod:

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
rodH said:
I am not sure I agree with your friend. I am a Trainer and Physical Therapist and depending on the Dislocation and Seperation, a Dislocation can be MUCH MUCH worse than a seperation. A Seperation never requires surgery (anymore) and a lot of FB players (even QBs) will play on it a week after the injury (with a few injections). A Dislocation, if it tears the capsule, tears the labrum, etc.....can require season or even career ending surgery.
not my friend, she's my wife.

and yes, it all "depends", and your football players play a WEEK later, not the same day . . .

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
Stewart's crash reminded me of Vegas when he knocked himself out and broke his arm. Just an absolute brainfart. I don't know how he (and sometimes RC) can ride so technically, and then have total brainfart 'nontechnical' crashes. How can you go from riding like a nonhuman, to crashing like a 3 year old (getting off balance and falling over the front of your motorcycle)? Bizarre. Glad he's alright this time.

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Yeah, seems they made the track super-technical again, a departure from Daytona tradition and from the trend this year to racier tracks. The whoops bit Travis (OK, maybe that was inevitable anyway), JBS, and almost Reed. RC had his feet off the pegs sometimes, too.

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Lap times in years past have been around 1:30.

This year, under a minute. :ohmy:

HiG4s

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2001
Vic said:
Lap times in years past have been around 1:30.

This year, under a minute. :ohmy:

RC's fastest lap last year was under a minute,, 55.063 sec, CR 55.686 sec

this year..Bubba had fastest lap 52.126, RC was second 53.072

04 CR was fastest with 1:11.663, no RC
03 CR was fastest with 1:21.072, RC second 1:21.116

HiG4s

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2001
john3_16 said:
Bubba and RC put their fastest laps in the heat race..RC had a 50.6 and JS had a 50.8...So RC had the fastest lap this year as well.

I should have said the fastest lap times in the finals.

D Lafleur

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 11, 2001
HiG4s said:
I should have said the fastest lap times in the finals.

All the talk about lap times are irrelevant the one that counts is the total time to do 20 laps. End of story. :nod:

In the heat race where the lap times where the fastest, it appeared that RC was loosing time in some sections and gaining in others to JBS. It doesnt matter, both of them appeared to be gauging the other.

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
http://www.zippyvideos.com/7441181964239836/untitled/ Not sure I'd title that a brainfart. Watch Reed when him and RC come through, damn near the same outcome for him, was obviously something to that section.

How many laps do you think Stewart made, including practice, before screwing that section up? I'll bet money he flew through that section all day long (maybe 50-100 laps?) without hardly thinking about it.

Top Bottom