Dirt rider turned street rider....and back again!!

Brian929RR

Jul 20, 2004
Hey everyone! I am new here and I am looking at getting back into the MX racing game! I started racing back in 1992 on a brand new 92 RM80 and then graduated to a 95 RM125. I loved both suzooks, but now I have been gone a long time and am not sure what is the bomb to get to race the 250 B class in dist. 16. WIS. I am a street rider now and I have a 2001 Erion Racing 929RR that I love and will not get rid of, but I need to know if Honda's CR or which one would be the fastest out of the box. I want to start with the strongest bike I can and then go from there!! Thanks for having me here and I look forward to many great non-post whoring threads!!
Brian

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Welcome to DRN Brian and welcome back to the dirt.

You can't go wrong with either of Honda's open class MX bikes, the CRF450 or the CR250R. It really comes down to personal preference and that age old argument - 2 stroke or 4 stroke.

Out of the box I'd say the CRF is the fastest of the two, but that box costs more too. The price difference could be spent on an exhaust and then it comes back to the same old argument again.

Have fun sorting it out.

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
I'd hardly call either the CRF450 or the CR250 open class bikes. but they are both great rides. You want open class, you need 490 cc or better :aj:

Welcome Brian.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Welcome :cool:

Check out the What Bike Do I Get... ? forum for multiple threads about bikes. If you can't find the info, post up a new thread, but be ready for lots of info.

Top Bottom