Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
I've been looking at some old photos and had a thought. Are we going to look completely goofy to ourselves in 10 or 15 years?

Now, tell the truth...even you old guys....don't you think mx'ers back in the day looked plenty goofy? I know for a fact that my buddies and I thought we were the coolest things going back then, but I assure you we looked goofy both in looks and riding style.

I asked my wife if I looked goofy in my gear, she replied: "If you mean do the clothes look stupid no...but if you mean do they look goofy with a fat, bald, 42yr old in them....." (I decided not to ask her how she thought I looked on the track :) )
:confused:

bscottr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 2001
Jaybird,
Was goofy, not goofy now, but will be in the future. :) :)

Yep, I was cool on that '75 RM125 in '76. Long hair, part down the middle, puka beads and pants so tight I couldn't fart. Hell yea I was cool! :think:

My 16 YO daughter laughs her ass off everytime she looks at pics of me from back then. Know what she says?

You were GOOFY!

I share your pain brother. :whiner: :confused:

Scott

AJ Waggoner

Crash Test Dummy
Nov 5, 1999
but Scott does anything really change?
Ten/15 years from now your daughters generation will look back on thier digital pics ..

Pants 5 sizes too big ,falling off, with plaid boxer shorts intentionally showing .. Tribal taTTS /pieercing, spiked bleached or coal black/purple hair and ....

puka beads..
LOL
;)
not a bit goofy...

whyzee

Never enough time !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 24, 2001
Jay & Scott,
are you sure we didn't hang out together in the 70's, I look back and laugh at what a dweeb I was, bell bottoms, what was I thinking? polyester shirts, ... thank g o d for boxes... perfect place for old photo albums.

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Never been goofy. Gettin' a liitle bit daffy, though.

bscottr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 2001
LMAO just thinking about it.

AJ,
You're dead on target and I can't wait 'til then! :p But knowing these younguns today, they'll fix themselves up with Photoshop since the pics are digital. Guess I better make copies of those files and hide 'em.

Yep, Pukas! :)

Dave,
Finally get away from the bell bottoms. ;) Join the Navy and guess what I get to wear? Damn bell bottoms! :whiner:

Memory lane...good thing we can fast forward.

Scott

Last edited:

MONKEYMOUSE

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2001
Pants 5 sizes too big ,falling off, with plaid boxer shorts intentionally showing .. Tribal taTTS /pieercing, spiked bleached or coal black/purple hair and ....

Naa that was like 4yr. ago during the whole grunge thing. now its all Abercombie/American Eagle. Men waring thumb rings and hilighted hair! now thats cool! (well to us any ways). When I looked at this one picture of my dad my eyes were watering! hes sitting on some white dirtbike with brown bell botems slicked back hair a VERY colorer full shirt, and a half faced helmet siting on the ground. ;)

wayneg

~SPONSOR~
Aug 29, 2001
Yup I do in fact look goofy!

Its worse I think if you are a fashion victim. It seems to me that usually the more fashionable gear looks goofier quicker - hence your admission that you looked goofy even 5 years ago. You must have been a fashion victim :scream:

Bring back the plain one colour gear, preferably in black (not white or fluro pink!!)

AJ Waggoner

Crash Test Dummy
Nov 5, 1999
Monkeymouse,
Just so you know i wasnt picking on the "kidS" really.
Ive worn similar, or worse ,and have a tribal tatt..lol

Its just that for the most part the style or fashion that the generation of today leans towards..
is retro!! hahgahaha
which is what was "cool" and "hip" in the 70's
its just boggles my mind that of all the goofy fashion trends-
60'/70's had to be the goofiest ( sp) and NOW of all things
its back to that.
The whole "retro" movement just slays me.LOL
it's an easy bet that ten years from now any of the true
"fashion statements" of today will look silly at best.

but hey "its all good "
lol

and i'll admit I wore JT /white pants with boot gators when Omara was !! haha ( and no matter the times i still dig the ALS2 helmets)

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Funny this thread should pop up.

Whilst rifling through my basement last week, looking for my tote of camping stuff, I came across a box of old dirt bike gear. It was that rump ugly neon stuff from the late eighties, early nineties. Holy crap, I can't believe I wore that stuff! Think I will hang it on my office walls for a little fun at work. :eek:

Talk about being a GEEEK!

As for the bell bottoms and all that hippy crap, I had to wer those hand-me-downs.......clear into the eighties! Yikes. Brown cordueroy bell bottoms. I still see a shrink over those horrible things :)

KWJams

~SPONSOR~
Sep 22, 2000
Originally posted by AJ Waggoner

it's an easy bet that ten years from now any of the true
"fashion statements" of today will look silly at best.

You mean wife beater t-shirts, baggy pants and hats worn backwards will no longer be cool? :ugg:

Man,,,,,,,that sux! I'm just getting to be the age where relaxed fit jeans - fit right. ;)

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
They say, "if you can remember the 70's you weren't really there." :confused:

Although, I can't remember who 'they'are. :)

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
The cure from looking goofy -- never change your look! I've been wearing the same style for 15 years now, so when they look back, the only really goofy thing about me was my tremendous mullett!

Now, I guess I could catch hell for the "highlights" the wife and her friend put in my hair :eek:

And as for the MX gear, the wife thinks it looks goofy, but the kids think their dad looks pretty cool in it! :cool:

Last edited:

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
I found that giving away my old gear is the best way to prevent people from pointing at you and laughing. Oh, they still point and laugh, but that's usually do to a spode move rather than my fashion taste.

MONKEYMOUSE

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2001
Hey AJ now that I think about it i belive your right about the close from the 70's coming back in style(well kinda). ya got girls wearing bell bottems and guys wearing tight shirts, go figure!whats next? And hey trible tatts are sweet! :p No realy they are!!

Top Bottom