Dragonfly 2 Stroke Software Feedback

StrokedTater

Aug 28, 2023
Hi!

I am new to this forum, but not to racing bikes. I have been building and racing mainly 2 strokes for over 20 years. Looking for some feedback here.

A few years back we purchased these programs to better tune our machines. Mainly used this on single cylinder 250s, also applied it to a couple of banshee's that were TT and drag raced. Every time we were able to get a broader, higher HP and TQ curve using our own calculations with less exhaust duration and higher MSV than the software dictated. The machines were never faster on the track. The only gain we had from this software is more over rev past the HP peak. But the peak HP and TQ was always down. Has anyone ever had any luck with this snake oil? We no longer even open it up. We feel like we wasted so much money and time trying these calculations. :-(

jaguar

~SPONSOR~
Jul 29, 2000
South America
man, you should of contacted me about this. The pipe calculation program doesn't tell you all the best pipe dimensions. It gives you a starting point and then lets you make changes to check the results on the pipe powerband graph each time. That allows you to tailor the output to your own needs/desires. If you don't care about over-rev and just want more peak power then shorten the belly and the baffle cone. Also making the stinger more narrow will increase back pressure which benefits peak power at the expense of low down power. I have lots of satisfied users but each program is just a tool and the results are as good as the skill/knowledge of the user. www.dragonfly75.com/moto/calculators.html

Top Bottom