JLB1

Mar 11, 2004
As we near the HOTTEST part of the year does anybody have any drink system tips (cleaning & storage) the would like to share ??/ :cool:

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
Wash & soak in mild bleach solution & water. Air dry inside and out you may have to use a clan cotton cloth to get that last little bit of water out of the bladder. Remove bit tip from hose and let hose drip dry. Once bladder is dry. Replace bit tip and tighten lid cover, return to holder.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
CamelBak Charge - 100oz of water

When done riding, I put our CamelBaks in a chest freezer instead of cleaning/drying each time. Just leave them about 1/4 full, and it makes the next fill-up stay icy cold for a long time.

Clean and dry throughly at the end of the season.

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Yep keeping them in the freezer keeps stuff from growing inside them. You can also get a brush cleaning kit for like $10 for them. Be carefull what you clean them with as you will be tasting it for a while after.

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Camelback is the way to go, there are many different styles to choose from. Buy one of the bladder hangers that camelback sells to hang up the bladder to dry inside when you're done cleaning it per 70Marlin's suggested method.

Smitdog, that's a neat idea about freezing them!

zookieman

Jul 7, 2003
I have a Browning hydration system. And on the bladder it has a reccomended cleaning solution that I have been using for about 2yrs. now and I have not had a problem.

1tsp. Baking Soda + 1 cup of water, Pour into bladder, shake, empty, rinse.

Then

1tsp. Lemon or lime juice + 1 cup of water, Pour into bladder, shake, empty, rinse.

Store Dry or in freezer partially (no more than 3/4 full) full.

Nice Guy Eddie

Uhhh...
Jun 30, 2004
if you use only water in it you will have FAR less problems with cleanliness (esspecially if you use city chlorinated water.... then you can store it closed with water in it for literally years without problem)... the sugars in "power powders" are a feeding ground for bacteria and molds and they are difficult to just rinse out...

use just water, rinse with chlorinated water when done, let dry thouroughly and store.... you will never have to clean it...

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
I have used just water in my Mustard bottle that I carry mounted to the front of my chest protector for years! It has served me and MANY other people very well! From giving a thirsty Young Ted a enough boost to finish his ride to cleaning the dirt out of Joe Daugherty's eyes. Just make sure you get all the mustard out of it or your friends will put a voodoo hex on you that will make you get lost all the time :)

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
woodsy said:
Just make sure you get all the mustard out of it or your friends will put a voodoo hex on you that will make you get lost all the time :)

:laugh: So that's how I found this site! :laugh:

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
"So that's how I found this site!"

Could very well be YZ165 but take it from the "Master of being lost", you are on the right trail now!!

Top Bottom