E-LiNE/FRP pipe guards and durability?

Biglmbass

Jul 29, 2002
I'm thinking seriously about sending my FMF pipe off to have a dent repaired. If/when I do this I'd then like to get a pipe guard that will better protect my pipe. I've got the aluminum spine looking deal but am not real pleased w/ it. In doing some research on this board, I've seen good reviews for both the E-LiNE and the Fredette Racing Products pipe guards.

Questions...
1) Is FRP still making/selling pipe guards? I didn't see them on his site.

2) Will the E-LiNE guard hold up? I remember seeing at least one post from a member of this forum saying that his E-LiNE guard was cracking and falling apart. Can anyone else w/ first hand experience comment on this?

3) I'm looking at Pacific Coast Pipe Repair to fix my pipe. Anybody use them and like them?

Thanks in advance.

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
My Eline has held up real well. I have dropped it on the side and hit it while casing jumps and no damage to the pipe or the guard - besides scratches (some of them deep). I have no cracking or separation of the fibers. I think it has been on there for 8-10 months.

Matter of fact...the pipe gets dented from hitting the radiator now as opposed to caving in when I wreck.

Recent pic on the 2000 CR250 link below.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
My bike had an eline on it when I bought it.  It's been through hell and back, and is holding up fine, certainly protects the pipe. 

I have not personally used Pacific Coast pipe repair, but know people who have.  They have been pleased with the results, service and price.  

91KDX

Jan 23, 2003
I have one of those spiney looking pipe guards on my fmf pipe, it came with the bike and I didn't see any reason for taking it off at the time. I have had a ton of problems with sticks, grass, leaves, and Mud sticking in it. Also I don't like the fit, I am not sure if this is because of the way the previous owner put it on or what, but some of the ribs overlap, although I could cut them off. I haven't had it dented yet. which is good but the ribs bend in so they are useless basically. If one had good enough skills in metal bending, and had access to 1/4" sheat metal, one could make there own Pipe guard. I am going to do some R/D before I start in on mine. I haven't seen the E line but fredette guard seems to look okay to me.

tedkxkdx

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 6, 2003
I wore out my pipe so much with an eline on, that the pipe has cracked five inches out from the head. I got the pipe brassed and now it is good as new.
The eline protects so well that it finds other spots to make the force of impact travel to. I would have gone through about 20 pipes by now without a eline guard.

tedkxkdx

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 6, 2003
When you build your own sx track and take a jump and case it trying to figure out the right distance it tends to push the pipe.
It also sucks when you let new friends ride your bike and they run it through steel buildings or into a brick pile. See, KDX's can be used for demolition jobs too.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom