Eddyville 4 Hour Team Race report

The Ant

Jan 3, 2002
Well what a blast!
Did the team race out at Eddyville on Saturday with Randy, you go out one at a time, do however many laps on the 7 mile course you decide to do, come in to the pits and tag off to your other team member...go for 4 hours til they drag you off the track. We basically did 2 laps each stint, I did 6 total by the end, Randy 5. He was riding my new CRF250X, beaking in the suspension for me - turned out he liked it a lot better in the tight woods, out on the racecourse was too lightly sprung for him and he got pretty beat up... course was really rough this year, could hardly take a hand off my bars to get a drink from my camelback.
Tami and Leanne did a women's team (one of 3, I think), Tami is a studette - was doing 18 minute laps to our 20-22, just flying. She got in 7 laps total, Leanne took a flying loop right near the end and couldn't get her bike restarted. Finally just pushed it throught the timing shack and into the pits, but it cost her enough time that she only got in 5 laps. Don't know how they placed, Randy and I were 6th out of 6 teams - hah -but they didn't have a 50+ category so we had to go up against the 40+ers.
The whole caliber of rider was pretty high, I didn't pass one person who hadn't already crashed and was dragging themselves off the track or already standing forlornly out in the weeds. In past races out at Eddyville I've at least passed a few folks, esp. towards the end of the race.

So we dropped the X off on Sunday with the guy who's going to do the suspension mods for us, he had the Kouba Link already, expects the lighter weight springs to come in midweek. Might get to try it this next weekend - hopehope!
-SusanP.
BBR230
CRF250X(almost)

CJ Rider

~SPONSOR~
Apr 3, 2000
Awesome stuff, Susan! Would you and Randy be thinking of joining the 24 hour race near Goldendale on Halloween? Definitely let us know what your thoughts are on the new X whenever ya get a chance to try out all the new mods; inquiring minds wanna know!!!

E-Ticket

~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2000
CJ Rider said:
Awesome stuff, Susan! Would you and Randy be thinking of joining the 24 hour race near Goldendale on Halloween? Definitely let us know what your thoughts are on the new X whenever ya get a chance to try out all the new mods; inquiring minds wanna know!!!

Have to pass on the 24-Hour... that's the same weekend as the Elsinore Grand Prix. And we don't miss that one!

It has turned into an annual event with us Northerners going down to do battle with Pierre and Jennifer. :yeehaw:

We will certainly do a ride report on 250X once it's lowered.
But I can say this -- I think it's about the best woods bike around. :thumb:

Cheers! - RandyB

Top Bottom