Troyboykx125

Sep 11, 2005
Hi, so me and a buddy of mine both own a 4 month old kawi 125 and both have the same hours run the same fuel ratio ride at the same place and we are about equal skill level....yet my bike burns through plugs really fast and today it started bogging really bad and dieing.....any ideas as to what the problem is....btw....my freinds bike runs like a champ and has no probs. :bang:

crazy4nitro

Aug 31, 2005
is the jetting the same?

Troyboykx125

Sep 11, 2005
both are stock jetting....I realize that I need to jet it for it to perform at its optimum....but his bike runs perfectly and mine is unridable at this point.

Gibby

Dec 8, 2004
First of all no two bikes are the same! I had the same problem when I first got my bike, It would keep fouling plugs to no end. So I figured if the Jetting was the same as my buddies it would run fine right? Well it didn't, I had to mess with the jets until it ran good. Maybe you got some dirt in the main or something? Maybe try going one plug hotter?

Masterphil

DRN's Resident Lunatic
Aug 3, 2004
Running an 8 instead of a 9 is a band-aid fix of sorts, you need to get your jetting worked out. Just because you two are of equal skill dosen't mean that you ride the same. Is he a revver and you a short shifter by chance?

rm_racer

Mar 15, 2005
Do you ever rev it out, or just lugg it around. I fouled the first plug in over a month, because my jetting is off slightly and I was just riding around the yard, not opening it up enuogh to clear it.

Troyboykx125

Sep 11, 2005
well, I definately know I need to jet the bike...but i've never messed with the carb or even done any engine work for that matter....and i cant really afford to have the shop do it so im just a little scared of it...but I'm gonna give it a go sometime this week....also the only thing that makes me think its not the plugs fouling this time is because they lasted at least for a couple of rides before and now its every 30 mins....and this last time it would bogg at low Rpm's and die....but then it would start back up after a few minutes.......any advice on jetting would be appreciated and I will be reading all about it on here.....anyone know where i can get a blueprint of the mikuni carb? thanks guys for the help

Troyboykx125

Sep 11, 2005
so when i started to take a look at the jetting....first i adjusted the air screw by turning 2 and 1/2 turns....and now the bike is running very clean.....I left it alone for now...is this a sufficient fix or is jetting necesary anyway?

QKENUF4U

Nov 13, 2005
sounds like you got it. low RPMS would be the air screw. might want to ride it for a bit and pull th eplug to make sure you didnt go to lean. (white/gray plug = bad/lean)

Top Bottom