bigred455

"LET'S JUST RIDE"
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 12, 2000
I tried engine ice,This is not a scientific study just my opinion.I wen't riding last thursday after work, it was 73 degrees out with 50% humidity.It takes me 20 minutes to get dressed and get loaded,and another 20 minutes drive home.My cylinder was still hot and the coolant was very very warm when i got home.I also noticed my plug insulator was medium gray I alway's have tan or a light brown color winter or summer. I don't know why the plug color changed i would guess different temperature of combustion chamber because of the engine ice.I know for a fact when i got home before checking my coolant temperature with golden spectro or prestone it was cool i am talking 80 degrees plus 70% humidity and the cylinder was just warm.So any way i wen't back to golden spectro coolant today I cut a few laps and my plug color came back to the tan brown side same jetting same mixture.The temperature today was 63 degree's.I know for sure the engine ice changed the insulator color on my plug grey and i think because it was running hotter I know I t was only 63 degrees today,but the spectro coolant was cool in10 minutes.Plus with the same plug it changed back to the tan brown side.I don't know what was up with the insulator color i alway's had tan or brown depending on the temperature's never grey.My opinion i will stick with spectro.

bwalker

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 10, 2000
I have no love for Engine Ice, but I cant think of any way that it could be responsible for causeing the condition you described.

soquel

Mar 19, 2002
Did you bleed your cooling system? your manual should tell you how to do that. If you have air in the system, it won't circulate coolant properly.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
The product had nothing to do with this scenario whatsoever. My bet is on what soquel describes.

bigred455

"LET'S JUST RIDE"
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 12, 2000
Originally posted by soquel
Did you bleed your cooling system? your manual should tell you how to do that. If you have air in the system, it won't circulate coolant properly.

Yes i did.

dell30rb

Uhhh...
Dec 2, 2001
I didnt really know how to bleed my coolant... So i did what I thought I should do. I topped off the radiator, Leaned the bike way over, then leaned it over the other way, then started it, then took the radiator cap off. Then I topped it off again.

I havent had any cooling problems and my bike has been through hell and back and hasnt lost any coolant at all.

Did I bleed it right?

Top Bottom