Even more KDX - KX conversion Q's

Crazymlh

Jan 15, 2005
After reading many recent posts regarding the KDX to KX front end conversion and also recently ordering a stiffer rear spring for my 91 KDX200 I am wanting to tackle the front end. I have decided to go with the full KX front end with wheel brakes etc and do the steering stem swap. One problem I have thought of is the speedo drive on the KDX. With the KX front axel being a different radius what am I to do about the speedo drive? I would very much like to keep the instruments original as the bike is currently road registered and I am happy with the current speedo / odometer instrument panel setup.

From what I can see the speedo drive currently forms part of the right side spacer arrangement and would obviously have a different inside diameter than the KX axel. Was there ever a mechanical speedo drive made for a KX or other Kawasaki bike that would interchange? What are some possible options to keep my original speedo setup if any??

Ryan12833

Mar 4, 2006
if you are using a kx front end and you still want to keep the kdx wheel so you can use the odo, then you will have to have a custom axel made.

Top Bottom