FM Frames / Image Frames in PS

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Occassionaly you see images posted that have a nice frame around them. This can be done manually or you can use a sweet little PhotoShop action offered by Fred Miranda. It automated the framing and allows for many variations, all just a click away. $12. ( Buy it here

Example 1: Plain thin frame, with highlights and shadows.

willpattison2_fm.jpg

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Here's another, this time, done manually in Photoshop.

1) Image is open.
2) Select All
3) Edit > Stroke (in this case, 2 px, white and "inside")
4) Image > Canvas Size (increase the canvas size to taste and pic a color)
5) Make sure image size is no more than 700 wide and 700 tall (for posting here).

Done.

Attachments

• willpattison2_fm3.jpg
    willpattison2_fm3.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 195

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
Quick question for you Okie. I notice on the bottom of your framed shots you have the copyright logo with your name and date. Do you have to do anything in order to put that on your photos? Meaning, do you need to get a license or submit paperwork anywhere to have the ability to put the copyright thing in there? Or is it just something that is smart to do in order to protect your images. Seems like a pretty good idea to me.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
All you have to do is mark your stuff.

From Copyright.Gov

Copyright Secured Automatically upon Creation
The way in which copyright protection is secured is frequently misunderstood. No publication or registration or other action in the Copyright Office is required to secure copyright.

Do I have to register with your office to be protected?
No. In general, registration is voluntary. Copyright exists from the moment the work is created. You will have to register, however, if you wish to bring a lawsuit for infringement of a U.S. work.

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
That's awesome. Thanks for the info. I just need to find a cool font to use for my name. Then I need to figure out where that copyright insignia is hiding in my list of fonts!

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
There is some extra protection and ability to collect greater damages if you register your images. I don't have the time at the moment as we are getting packed up to head out the door to the Canadian National in Regina. I'll gather some more info on the subject and post back soon. The next 2 weeks for me are going to be sparse in here though as I have back to back Nationals to cover.

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
Okiewan said:
On the Mac it's just "option key + g"

On the PC, use: ALT+0169

Awesome! Thanks for the help! :cool:

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Cool trick! Thanks, Oke. :cool:

Attachments

• yellowstroke.jpg
    yellowstroke.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 162

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom