lorollinls

Nov 22, 2006
got a new front sprocket for my bike, 96 CR250, and the teeth inside the front sprocket are a little longer than the ones on the old one which make it not wanna fit right, it will go on, but it will not sit flush all the way around which make it wobble of course....anyone ever seen this? what should i do?
thanks

matt_12345

Mar 14, 2008
the front sprocket on my 01 rm 250 is wobbly but its because the drive shaft teeth r wearing out.. they wear easily. dont know if thats what it might be

LBRaptor

Sep 25, 2006
hmm basic rule i think but maybe not. always replace sprockets and chains as 1. the sprocket will wear with the chain and then only those sprockets and chain will fit right. i hope this helps. so a new chain might help

rmc_olderthandirt

~SPONSOR~
Apr 18, 2006
If I understand you correctly the issue isn't how the sprocket engages the chain it is how the sprocket fits on the shaft coming out of the transmission.

If the old sprocket was fine, and the new one doesn't fit right, then I would suspect that you bought the wrong sprocket.

If it "wobbles" on the shaft, don't ride it! The only thing you will do is ruin the shaft and turn a $20 problem into a $2000 problem.

I recommend that you take your old sprocket and the new sprocket and go down to the bike shop and explain the situation. Write down the VIN number off your bike (it is stamped in the frame where the steering/forks are mounted). It is possible that the you have the model year wrong on the bike and are trying to fit the wrong sprocket. With the VIN number the actual model year can be established.

Rod

Top Bottom