AjayMike

Mi. Trail Riders
Mar 9, 2003
I used to wrench on these bikes a bit back in the 70's. If my memory is correct, it is not a simple job to remove the oil injection pump and run premix on the TS Suzukis. The oil injection pump supplies oil to the magneto side main bearing, which may not get a proper oil supply on premix. (If there's some vintage Suzuki nut on this forum who recalls otherwise, feel free to refresh my memory.) I've seen people get away with it but my thoughts are: why would you do ANYTHING to compromise the oil supply to ANY critical part on a two-stroke engine?

My experience: The oil injection systems on these bikes are very reliable if adjusted properly. Run good 2-stoke injection oil in it and leave it alone.

If you're really worried, some guys used to wire the pump arm wide-open so the engine is getting full pump output all the time. The engine will smoke a little more, might foul a plug once in a great while, but other than that it should be OK.

Mike

89dragger

Mar 27, 2007
well what if i plug the injection hose that feeds to the intake and run premix then while still utilizing the pump to oil other parts.

RS250

Mar 7, 2007
That is how I have my TM 250. I run 50:1 in the Gas tank. The only line is to the bottom end from the injector. It will smoke a little more. I hope that helps.

AjayMike

Mi. Trail Riders
Mar 9, 2003
89dragger said:
well what if i plug the injection hose that feeds to the intake and run premix then while still utilizing the pump to oil other parts.

Yes, now that I think of it, I remember some guys doing this, too. You could run a really tiny oil tank (which I think you could get as a racing part from Suzuki) since the pump won't use much oil if it's only supplying the main bearing.
Mike

pryor

Oct 21, 2006
If all the injection stuff is there you could check it out clean the tank, replace lines and run it. Oil injection is great just fill it with pump gas and go. Other than control cables I have never had a problem, also check the little plastic bowtie lookin thing on the pump drive.

Top Bottom