Kokanee

~SPONSOR~
Dec 3, 2001
Does anyone know of a good gasket replacement material? I recently had to take the inner clutch cover off my gasgas ec250 due to dropping the PV linkage nut down into the lower case. I am leaving for the reno ride in a few weeks and don't trust my dealer to get me the stock gasket in time. What would be the best alternate product to use(form-a-gasket, rtv silicone,ect)? Anybody have expience with this? Any adice would be appreciated. Thanks Keith

Shaw520

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 14, 2000
You can get Hondabond at most dealers, really good stuff. Also I bought a roll of felpro paper, (gasket paper) from local auto parts house, lay it on the case, and with a wooden mallet, gently tap around the edges of the case, and you'll get a perfect impression of the gasket you need, cut and paste. Side cover gasket for my from KTM is $15 !!!! :eek: and it comes balled-up like a snot rag!!.  I bought a whole roll of paper for $7. makes several gaskets.

Last edited:

gasgasman

Sponsoring Member
Feb 15, 2000
A gasket must be used, the gasket is also a "spacer". Not using one will create alignment concerns with the water pump and kick start mechanism.

It takes a lot of patience to make a gasket.

RAH RAH

Aug 30, 2003
I made my water pump gasket with a utility knife and some bullet casings for the holes. .22 bullets work great for the small holes bigger holes just use bigger bullets.
I bought a roll from napa and have used it numerous times. the triple bond works good but for the gasket you need a gasket. I had a hard time getting the right water pump gasket for my gg 300 so making one is much easier and cheaper.

Top Bottom