VUSSRM250

Jan 2, 2007
Gday people,
Just thought i would drop a line to let you know i have just joined your forums.
I just, well close to making a purchase on a 1993 RM 250.
Ridden a bit before, but looking to have a better go at it with my own.
We got the jet ski for the summer and so me and my dad wanted something for the winter! Bring it on!

Just a few questions first though, and sorry for the ignorance.....
could you please tell me the oil/fuel ratio for a 1993 RM 250
And also what should i do "service wise" before i take it out as i dont know when it was last ridden, serviced etc....?

Any info would be muchly appreciated!!
Cheers
Adum.

150rguy

I got fat bars!
Dec 21, 2006
Hi. I dont know the answers to your questions but i just like to say hi.

Moose

~SPONSOR~
Sep 16, 2006
250's pretty much run 32:1. It'd be wise to ask the previous owner what 2 stroke oil he used, and what ratio he used. That way you'll know.

Ask him questions about his air filter, when the oil was last changed, last top end. Just basically ask him questions about general maintenance. His answers should give you a clue about what to do when /if you purchase his bike to get it ready for riding.

PS. I wish I could say "getting a dirtbike for winter". You're lucky to live in that climate.

VUSSRM250

Jan 2, 2007
elliot67 said:
250's pretty much run 32:1. It'd be wise to ask the previous owner what 2 stroke oil he used, and what ratio he used. That way you'll know.

Ask him questions about his air filter, when the oil was last changed, last top end. Just basically ask him questions about general maintenance. His answers should give you a clue about what to do when /if you purchase his bike to get it ready for riding.

PS. I wish I could say "getting a dirtbike for winter". You're lucky to live in that climate.

Schweet!
An uber quick response i must say!
Yea he said to me about 33:1, he told me to run full synthetic oil but didnt tell me a brand, may have to speak to him.
My dad knows a thing or to about 2 strokes as he has had quite a few, the main thing was the mix ratio really.
I do sorta trust the bloke as its my missus's dad but still its good to get other opinions you know.

Yea im from Perth in Western Australia, the summer is great. Christmas day on the beach with the jet ski its pretty sic.
But you dont wanna ride the jet ski in winter as the swell is too big plus its too cold!

VUSSRM250

Jan 2, 2007
elliot67 said:
Too cold? What's the temperature get like during Christmas? Gotta hear this. :)

HAHA, well christmas day here on the beach was about 40degrees C i think. In winter it just rains a lot! gets down to zero. But the houses over here are made for summer, not winter, so you suffer a bit in winter!

By the way, been to Canada, (vancover/vancover island to be precise) bloody love it!!!! Sailed through San juan from Seatle. Nice place

Moose

~SPONSOR~
Sep 16, 2006
40 degrees Celsius?!?! :think:

We don't get closed to that, maybe like 30-35 degrees celsius, if that. In the summer.

Lucky.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Originally posted by Tony Eeds:
Have you completely filled out your info in your CP? Be sure and do so. After that grab a spot on the couch.

Fill us in on the who, what, when, where, and how long, and we will try and hook you up with some fellow members. Check out the SoCal Wrecking Crew forum for opportunities to hook up with some fellow DRNers in your area. Scattered like fleas in the winds, these guys have always got a ride brewing.

Have a question? Try search and you might find a plethora of information in the database. If not, post your question and you will likely get some very knowledgeable responses, sprinkled with a bit of humor.

Again, welcome to DRN. We hope you enjoy your stay here and come back often!

Top Bottom