YammyD

Mar 15, 2006
Hey everybody!

Recently acquired a '05 YZ250T after being off the dirt for quite some time. Yowza! These puppies done got faster. Probably bit off a little more than I can chew, but I'm determined to learn to ride my new baby correctly. I plan on taking some private instruction from a local motosports park here in N.C. and would like to purchase some DVD's, to remind me of what I need to be doing. Please, all of you suggestion are welcome. Oh, I'm 41, 6', 185 lbs if that make any difference in your response. Thanks in advance!

Peace,

Darrin

MXobssesed4

Aug 2, 2006
Just remember to ease in to it. You'll get used to the power in time but just make sure you dont ride over your head to try and get better faster.

YammyD

Mar 15, 2006
MXobssesed4 said:
Just remember to ease in to it. You'll get used to the power in time but just make sure you dont ride over your head to try and get better faster.

Thanks MX, good advice!

Peace,

Darrin

Matt 193

Dec 22, 2006
I would try the gary semics techniques or I have a book I read 24/7 called Pro Motocross and Off Road Motocycle riding techniques by Donnie Bales with Gary Semics

YammyD

Mar 15, 2006
Matt 193 said:
I would try the gary semics techniques or I have a book I read 24/7 called Pro Motocross and Off Road Motocycle riding techniques by Donnie Bales with Gary Semics

Yeah, I've seen some of the Semics stuff. Any suggestions to which would be best suited for me? Thanks for the response :ride: !

Peace,

Darrin

wanaride

~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2003
Gomer, thanks for the info on Ike. (Are there any other NC MX schools??) I may drive over and take a class from Ike also. I'm having a tough time scheduling anything with Joseph down at TNT, and Ike's school is about the same distance anyway.

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
I'm not sure about any other MX schools in NC.

I can guarantee positive results from taking a class or two with Ike. Learning to do the drills he will give you will pay off immensely if you take your time and work the speed in after you have successfully mastered how to properly do what he teaches you.

Jan 30, 2007
I know TNT Motorsports has a cource for kids do you know if its got one for older riders

And Gomer, have you been to Carolina Adventure World, if so how is it?

Sorry bout hijacking the thread

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
mxracerrider211 said:
I know TNT Motorsports has a cource for kids do you know if its got one for older riders

And Gomer, have you been to Carolina Adventure World, if so how is it?

Sorry bout hijacking the thread
Oops, sorry I missed this earlier...

TNT has several courses of varying levels of difficulty. There are two that are just for kids (so you don't have to worry about an adult running over your kid). I haven't ridden in a while, but last time I was there, there were at least 4 different tracks for adults to ride ranging from complete beginner to B level MX.

I haven't been to CAW but I've heard both good and bad.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
i've found that practicing fifth gear wheelies on the highway is a useful learning tool.

Top Bottom