TexKDX

~SPONSOR~
Aug 8, 1999
Hey guys,

In the never-ending quest for how to get your bike and stuff around, I thought you might want to take a look at this:

https://secure.rypusa.com/prodpage.cfm?Cat_Selected=5&SubCat_Selected=35&Product_Selected=173

Having used the Hitch-it and the moto-jack rack, plus have seen the other hitch systems, I really like this unit. It is really light, easy to handle, and easy to load. The combination of aluminum and steel makes it strong but light. The price is pretty right too.

A friend has modified one to accept a receiver hitch as well. I'd say keep it to 1000 pounds trailer/100 pounds tongue weight for safety's sake, so tagging along a small trailer with a bike or two should be OK.

We threw it in the van on a recent trip to Terlingua and Mexico and it came in really handy when I couldn't get my van across the border. We put 3 bikes in the PU bed and one on this hitch rail and away we went!

wayneg

~SPONSOR~
Aug 29, 2001
Yes I've got to get one of those things. I only have a station wagon, and need to use my trailer to get my bike around the place. It would be nice to be able to just stick it on the back of the car. We have a lower speed limit for people towing trailers over here (50mph), which isn't the greatest when your car can go quite a bit faster.

Unfortunately the US built racks are pretty expensive with freight and currancy conversion - Aluminium looks like the way to go. I guess I'll have to get my brother to have a go at making one.....

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom