TemeculaTim

Feb 2, 2005
Greetings

Hi Guys (and Gals) looking forward to joining this great site. I am 42 years old, a So Cal native who has been riding since the age of 5. I live in the rural Temecula/Sage Area ( originally from the "Cajon Zone" ) very concerned about access issues and my rights. Always looking for new riding buds. Thanks for the forum

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Welcome to the site :cool:

Be sure and go to your User CP and update information relating to your location, type of riding, etc. After that grab a spot on the couch and tell us a bit about yourself. How long you have been riding, what kind of riding you prefer, where you are located, etc. We will do our best to hook you up with some fellow dirt bike enthusiasts.

Check out the SoCal Wrecking Crew forum. Great bunch of guys in there and they are very active.

Again, welcome to the site, and shout if you have any questions!

kelsorat

Knucklehead Newbie
Nov 5, 2001
Head on over to the Socal Wrecking Crew. Ol89r,JP, and Holeshot will give you the details

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
TemeculaTim said:
very concerned about access issues and my rights. Always looking for new riding buds. Thanks for the forum

Hi Tim.

Welcome to DRN. Like Tony and Kelso said, check out the SoCal forum. We have many in this area that are active in keeping our public lands open. Glad to have you aboard. :cool: We need all the help we can get. If you live in the Sage area then, you already know what is going on down there with property rights.

We post upcoming important meetings and issues on the SoCal forum and also upcoming rides. You are most welcome to join us.

Hey Gomer. Yes, there really is such a thing as a So Cal native. You even met one. My wife.
Jeeze, couldn't you tell by the blond hair and blue eyes?? :fft:

Ol'89r
"Dont get mad, get involved."

TemeculaTim

Feb 2, 2005
Thanks for the welcome

Yes Virginia, their are actually people who were born in So.Cal. Are we true natives? That is certainly up for debate. Question for the masses - Any one in the Temecula Area had run ins with the BLM over by Vail Lake or off Sage Road ?

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
TemeculaTim said:
Question for the masses - Any one in the Temecula Area had run ins with the BLM over by Vail Lake or off Sage Road ?

Tim.

Not sure about the BLM but, there are a lot of problems with new neighbors that don't own ohv's calling the Sheriff.

Big problem down in the Aguana area. Many horse owners trying to shut down practice tracks on private property. Noise and dust is the big issue. Jeremy McGrath owns 100 acres down there and now has installed quiet silencers on his bikes. He has a few extra silencers for those that ride on his property. If they don't have a quiet bike or don't want to install one of the quiet systems, they don't get to ride.

We ALL have to start doing this. If we don't we will lose our right to ride. If a quiet system is good enough for Jeremy, it should be good enough for all of us.

Ol'89r
"If they couldn't hear us, they wouldn't even know we were there."

Last edited:

TemeculaTim

Feb 2, 2005
Well aware of the noise and dust issues. Have family living in Lake Riverside Estates Area, lots of commotion regarding the new track at Cahuilla. I too am looking at ways to reduce the noise of my bike without sacrificing power. Gotta go back to work and pay some bills.

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
My family and I lived in Temecula in '97-'98. Awhile ago, but I loved it. Went to TVHS we lived in Paloma Del Sol. Loved it there, but dad got a job offer and we ended up back here in Michigan. Are there still people riding bikes in the foothills? I rembember watching them from my house, wanting a bike soo bad...finally got my wish three years later and haven't looked back since! We used to go to Elsinore and watch. I remember being able to see the illegal check point place from the upstairs windows. At night we could see small fires burning in the foothills...funny I can remember those things, but can't remember what happened yesterday! lol

Top Bottom