Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
We will for sure get ourselves at least a couple of flags/banners if it materializes. Hopefully BSwift will let us know what the status is on the flags. Knowing Thumps work, they will be mucho niceo.

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Hey JayBird,
I just got home from my Annual Training. Have you heard anything from BSwift? I am in the KY Officer Cannidate School course and we have to get a flag made for our OCS class. We have a member checking on cost in the Ft. Knox area and I will be able to get some feedback to the chapter. All I need is the dimentions and color scheme that has been approved. I can't say that it will be the most cost effective but I will check out the Eastern KY area and see what I can turn up.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Irish,
I think desertracer is working with a company. He is maybe going to send Thump a sample of their work. Perhaps you can get a sample from your contacts?
I don't think any set format has been decided upon as of yet.
Now...drop and give me 20...for good measure! :)

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
1 SIR.....2 SIR.......3 SIR........LOL :p

I'll be sure to keep you in the loop. I should have some word by Wednesday. I am also checking a local screen printer and sign shop today. I'll post any findings on here later.

Phillip :aj:

Last edited:

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Hey JayBird,
I ran across one place that can make up a banner like Okie posted on the link I posted above. They can only do banners in the size that has been stated........3'X5'.......On TARP Material.........Totally Water proof and they can do the colors.........It's not a flag .........But a banner....3'X5'....It will live longer and survive alot of washings.......
They will handle any order up to 20 or more..........I was told that they would handle 10 with the DRN logo and the local chapter logo for $60.00..........Relay to Okie...(His design).......For that is the design I showed the shop. The price stays the same with gromets or without as far as I know..........PK........AKA......IRISHEKU

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
I assume the 60 bucks is for one unit up to ten. This stated price is including all the colors? Also, is this a front and back? I'm assuming it's one sided only since a banner.
I'll shoot what you have to Thump. I think he'll be the proofer on these.
Also, I'm sure that all the different chapters will want their specific chapter logo...so bulk orders would not be that great, but the whole of DRN may be quite a few. Be sure he understands that when he quotes. Perhaps he will give us the better pricing even though he may have several screen changes.

Jay

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
JayBird,
I belive it is just for the front. As for the different chapters they counted the lettering as a block. So as far as I know the price won't fluctuate that much for managable name. I know my brother and a couple of others that can swallow the $60.00 price tag without any problems. I hope we are able to go ahead with a design soon. I can't wait to have one in the garage and out at LBL.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
What do you mean, Dave???

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
David,
Quick question, I got a call from the shop today wanting to know if I still wanted to order. I told them I would get back to them. I have recived mail from a few members that are interested in the banner style. My question, get an order started and go with the banner and keep looking around for a flag style or nip it in the bud and wait. As I stated before it will cost $60.00 for the template and the original, but I'm sure the price will drop some with #'s. Besides, I know 2 other members that will follow through with Okies style(The one I showed around). Granted it's just a banner but it's something. Who is the approving authority on this? I really want one for the garage and to hang where I ride. Besides just think about the word of mouth going about (Fender stickers are one thing but we are talking about a 3'X5' banner!)just from seeing these banners!
All my best big guy, also, have you got my check yet for the perch?
Phillip ;) :aj:

Last edited:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Who is the approving authority on this?
Take a wild guess :confused:

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Okie,
I had already guessed........What is the word?........I have the shop on hold.......I can cover 3 orders.....But to start it I need 7 more and not to mention the lettering for the different Chapters.......I can get a template started for $60.00 and I am sure the price will go down with orders.........I can handle the supply end if you want me to......Up to you, I have a willing supplyer for a one sided banner that can put grommets in and can do the colors you want. All I need is the go-ahead and approval. Give me what you want(Changes, enhancements, agreements), and I can run with it.
Happy Trails,
Phillip

Top Bottom