spy-yamaha

Feb 24, 2002
Hey guys ok here we go,

My uncle has an 02 YZ 125 and he has a 167 kit in it. The problem is he has seized it twice. What jetting would you guys run?? Its southern california so the weather is great.

e.c.bert

Mar 11, 2002
Change that darn needle!

Order a YZ250 needle; you'll find it is 5mm shorter with a gradual taper. The std. 02 YZ125 needle is crying for the stock pipe w/ factory setting. It is so wacky to look at you have to ride one stock to realize the factory dropped the ball w/ the needle they put in that model; good bottom, flat mid-range, and good peak. Did you find the problem to my solution yet? Look up! :aj: Start with the clip in the middle.

FlinginDirt

Jun 4, 2000
I know that guy with the 167 kit. He didn't break it in very well the second time, but the jetting is off. I don't think it is off enough to seize a piston though. The first time it seized was at a mud race....High revs, low speed, mud packed in the radiators= seized bike. That's what I think anyways. He doesn't listen to me though, probably because I'm his son;)

spy-yamaha

Feb 24, 2002
haha- man thats great. Is this Roger Chris or Doug? hahaha I bet its Roger. Its Sean Roger. Your dad wanted me to post for his bike. hahahaha i cant stop laughing. cya.

Top Bottom