HELP NEEDED ON GEARING and SPROCKETS!! (TS-400 to SHIFTER KART)

hoffmannk

Nov 8, 2006
NEED HELP ON GEARING and SPROCKETS!! (TS-400 to SHIFTER KART)

Hello, everyone!! I am currently mounting a TS-400 Suzuki 400 2 stroke single cylinder motor on a racing kart. It is just going to be my little toy to run around the backroads at a high rate of speed :) ok so here is my dilema... It has a 15T on the motor and a 40T on the rear of the TS... the tire diameter is roughly 23" and the kart I am installing the motor on to has a diameter of about 10"... I need to figure out if it is possible to drop teeth on the motor first.. I am not very good with dirtbikes and street bikes but it does have 13 splines on the gear which installs on to the motor.. I would like to drop the motor gear as much possible and was wondering if like a rm250 engine spocket will work and what will interchange... the gear is also held on by a large nut but I guess if the sprocket has the right splines then it does not matter how it is mounted.. then I can go from there and figure out what I need for a rear sprocket accoring to what the front is.. stock the bike would do 80-85 miles per hour and would like to gear the kart to do about 90mph.(still wanna b able to SMOKE the tires off it).. really wish I could find a older water cooled motor like a 125cc or 250 cheap... thanks for reading my book!!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom