Help - rebuilt clutch but will not engage - no neutral

sund

Jun 28, 2005
I just rebuilt my 01 yz125 clutch. I only replaced the clutch boss which was notched up. I followed the manual and reinstalled all the parts correctly to the best of my knowledge. All the gears work but when I pull the clutch in, it's really loose as if there were no resistance at all. Had it on a stand so when in gear the wheel spun but when I pulled the clutch in, there was no neutral and the bike remained in gear. Am I missing something here? :bang:

cowasucky

Feb 23, 2009
You obviously didn't put it back together correctly. Don't feel bad though, I just rebuilt mine on my 03 kx250 and had a simimlar problem. Sounds like either one of the washers were left out, slid out of place or got put in the wrong place. Or maybe the springs are bad and are torqued down too much not allowing plates to expand. As much as it sucks, you need to just bite the bullet and take it apart and start over. A good idea that I learned here on this site is next time you do any work on your bike, take lots of pictures as tou disassemble things. Having those pics to refer back to can save you time, money and the all so common aggrivation!!!!

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Your clutch outer pressure may not be installed properly. Spin it 1 more post and see if it goes into the inner pressure further. The clutch boss? The basket you replaced? Did you put new fibers plates in?

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom