RydeMyToy

Aug 12, 2004
I just wanted to say hi. I flat track a 1979 Honda XL500.
12.5:1 welded comustion chamber D-shaped ports 420 Mega cycle cam 38 makuni straight threw exhaust corillo rod welded crank lightened vavle train counter balancer removed SR500 mag wheels lightened. Very Fast runns with the new yxf's and crf's. Real works grate on the ice.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Welcome to DRN. I'd love to see some pictures of your flat tracker, it sounds great. :cool:

RydeMyToy

Aug 12, 2004
Thanks I will get some scand. I don't no what is more fun. Riding it or the look on the faces of the riders on the new bikes.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Welcome to the site :cool:

Where is Ol'89r when we need him? He is our resident flat tracker!

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Tony Eeds said:
Welcome to the site :cool:

Where is Ol'89r when we need him? He is our resident flat tracker!

Hey! What's all the noise in here?? :ohmy: ;)

Oh, another roundy round guy. Welcome RydeMyToy.

Those old 500's are great bikes. Are you running the stock frame? If so, try to find one of the aftermarket swingarms for it. They add about 1 1/2" to the length and make the stock frame handle a lot better,

Good luck and have fun. :cool:

RydeMyToy

Aug 12, 2004
Hey all.
Yes It is a stock frame. It handles alot better than my TT500 did. I also run TT's and Ice Race. Want too talk about away to ride WOW realy is alot of fun. Who made the longer swing arm?
The only time It is hard to handle is when the entrance of the turns get rutted, Wants to hi side me.
That happened at the last race and i got on the gas and spun out. Only last 2 places in the race though. It's all fun has long has you can got up and keep riding.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom