Honda CR 125 '99 and Pro Circuit jetting tips?

Jordi_SX

Feb 28, 2005
Hi people,

I recently purchased a Pro Circuit (Platinum Series) for my 99 CR 125, and I'm a little bit disappointed on how jet the bike with the pipe in. I phoned the dealer (they told me to leave standard), also e-mailed the maker with no answer. I don't feel the bike runs optimally, have little experience on jetting, but I want to answer you: as a starting point when changing the pipe there is a rule of thumb on how jet, if going richer or going leaner? Anybody had a similar experience? Could I jet it richer and also advance the ignition?

After fix this I'm planning to tune a little the engine...

Thanks in advance guys :cool:

viking20

Sponsoring Member
Aug 11, 2002
Jordi , no-one can tell what will work the best for you , all bikes are different. Start by adjusting the slow jet ,air screw , and the needle. Change the main jet as the last thing if you need to change it.
Keep an eye on the plug , but its impossible to harm the engine when you start with the slow jet and air screw , even though these can have dramatic effect on how the bike runs.There is a good jetting guide on Forward Motions web site....

NacNac250F

Apr 15, 2003
The best thing to do first would be a plug test. Ride it around for a little how you would regularly ride then go check your plug. If it's dry and still white then you need to jet it richer. If it's wet and a little discolored then it's rich. Go to the top of the two stroke forum the second sticky is called jetting links, click on that and follow the links in that thread and it will tell you everything you will need to know about jetting your bike.

Top Bottom