Kolias89

Oct 29, 2010
Hi
I would like some opinions just to help me decide on what to buy!

So i' ve got a Honda CR 250R 2005 model and i have a stock exhaust on it!
I only trail riding...
What i want is an exhaust(only the silencer) that could give me more low and middle range power or whatever BUT i want it to be noise...
We don't have any laws here in Greece about the DBs and i am looking for a silencer that is more noise than my stock silencer and also give me more power!
Just let me know what you think and what would you buy if you were me!

Thanks in Advance!

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
A louder silencer does not mean more power in a dirtbike. A funny car with a blower, yes. Long silencer for top end, short for bottom end. Get what you want, a boyseen reed, and jet your bike. Keep the engine fresh. Vintage Bob

Kolias89

Oct 29, 2010
Yes i know that about "a louder silencer and more power".....!! i know it's just an illusion for most people!
I just ask as i am new in the dirtbikes and i wanted to know if there is something to give me more power....BUT also more noise than the stock!
Now i learned something from your post that it will help me a lot...about the short and long silencers!! thanks a lot!!
And because you mentioned this about the reed could you please explain me what is all about with boyseen reeds and Vforce3 reeds?? i mean what better you get with those!!

Again thank you very much!!!

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
The v force is mid top. I run it, it is still good off bottom, the boyseen is not as good on top, and better off bottom. On another note, fiberglass reeds are better off bottom, and last longer. Just not as crisp on top, they flutter more than carbon fiber. Thats the story as I remember it, and stick with it!

Uchytil

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 29, 2003
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
The v force is mid top. I run it, it is still good off bottom, the boyseen is not as good on top, and better off bottom. On another note, fiberglass reeds are better off bottom, and last longer. Just not as crisp on top, they flutter more than carbon fiber. Thats the story as I remember it, and stick with it!

Bob's right! I scrapped the carbon reeds in my 01 CR and install glass (Boyseen dual stage). Great off the bottom where I wanted it but suffers on the top when I don't need to be often. You should try these low cost options first: reeds, jetting, gearing...

slickpuss

Sponsoring Member
Jan 19, 2002
Those are good ideas, but Id recommend some Borla dual exhaust with cat backs. Youll get a great sound.

Then there is always the purple power band.

couldnt help myself.

Good luck on your bike tuning.

Top Bottom