xxBLAZExx

Jun 18, 2006
I just installed a new FMF gold SST on my KX and it seems to get hot real fast. Like two or three WOT rips back and forth on a straight about 100 yards and it is TOASTY! :yikes:
The pipe I took off is a PC works with a R304 shorty silencer.I dont rember it getting so hot so fast. I havent got a SST silencer yet so I have the PC on it,could this be causing it? If anyone could point me in the right direction that would be great :cool: ....maybe a link to reasons why a pipe might be getting too hot.
(oh and I am running a BR8ES NGK plug not the recomended plug :boss: but it only made the bike run better with the PC pipe.)
Thanks

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
The exhaust gases are in the 1100+ degree range, of course the pipe is hot.

xxBLAZExx

Jun 18, 2006
Rich Rohrich said:
The exhaust gases are in the 1100+ degree range, of course the pipe is hot.
Yeah I know the pipe WILL get hot but it is doing it alot faster than my other pipe. I was just wondering if it is normal to be blistering hot after 45sec of WOT.( I guess i am to worried about burning a hole in my piston due to what I have heard about the SST pipes.)
Thanks Rich!!! :worship:

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
xxBLAZExx said:
Yeah I know the pipe WILL get hot but it is doing it alot faster than my other pipe. I was just wondering if it is normal to be blistering hot after 45sec of WOT.( I guess i am to worried about burning a hole in my piston due to what I have heard about the SST pipes.)
Thanks Rich!!! :worship:

If you are concerned about the jetting then you should check the plug for signs of excessive heat or lean out not the pipe. ;)

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
just curious, but how do you know that your pipe is hotter? what are you basing that determination on?

Top Bottom