How do I make my Kawasaki klx 140 louder?

Mr.kawi

May 31, 2009
Hi, I have a Kawasaki klx 140 and I want to make it louder. I was looking online for a new muffler that was louder than my stock one but a new muffler is too expensive for me to afford :( . So I was wondering if I could find a way to make my stock muffler louder myself. So then I got my dirtbike outside and pulled the end cover of the muffler off and took off the spark arrestor. Next I started up the bike. IT SOUNDED GREAT!!! But i'm affraid if I leave off the spark arrestor it might screw up my engine :ugg: . Is it ok to always have the spark arrestor off or will that screw up my engine. Otherwise I wanted to know if there is a way to make my bike louder without taking off the spark arrestor.

:) THANKS :)

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Loud sucks.

Leave it alone and ride it.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
What is your goal with making the bike louder? You want to piss off the neighbors to the area you ride so they can help shut down riding areas for everyone I guess. Or maybe you think loud equals fast? Sorry this is not the case, loud equals stupid. Maybe you think it's cool for your bike to be loud? Well that's personal choice but you might also consider that there are a lot of folk that disagree with that. Many of them are not afraid to call the cops, code enforcement and even the management levels of your local government. Do everybody a favor and learn to ride fast, then let your ability do the talking and not your slow ass loud bike.

helio lucas

~SPONSOR~
Jun 20, 2007
yep, loud is not cool...
indeed, only the slow riders have loud bikes. are you a slow rider?

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
A KLX 140 will never be a fast bike, and a gutted exhaust will only sound hollow, and wounded, and obnoxious.
This is not the place to ask how to make more noise on a motorcycle, and you can expect many more responses to confirm that.

Now, to answer you question, the best way that I have ever found to make a bike louder is to ride it harder. You don't need to turn a wrench, just the throttle. Now put your exhaust back together and learn to ride.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
I would thoroughly enjoy tracking down every dipstick with a loud azz bike, and pay them back ten fold. I would need a really longtime. The engine will last longer stock, riding off road will last longer stock, when you get too fast, get a bigger bike. Ideally, that is. Vintage Bob

Top Bottom