Jul 20, 2005
We occationally wonder, "How quiet is my bike?"

I got my answer to this mystery by participating in a J 1287 Sound Check a few months ago at no cost. That's right! FREE! The four letter "F" word.

My stock XR 100 "dirt mo-ped" hummed a lovely 86 Db. However, my Dimblewambie/Dirt Roader's superficially modified XR 50 tooted a lively 94 Db. Yep, my Hamsters bike was tested three times in a row. Why? Even at a consistent 94 Db he was the only 49cc at the OHV area. Which left no other examples for the agency folks to 'gage his pitch at' compared to the 125's, 250's, and 400's, etc. in the area, that day. They had to let him ride as he was legal and under the 96 db limit to meet compliance for our State.

Even the Big Dawg's 05' CRF 450 X blew a 94 Db on that wonderful winter riding day.

GENTLEMEN, PLACE YOUR BETS. If you want to "guess the weight" of your mysterious sound dynamics, it's a fun wager to partake.

The San Bernardino Rep. of the California Trail Users Coalition, CTUC, www.trailusers.org will be volunteering FREE Awareness, and Sound Checks at the Wildomar OHV area on the Trabuco Ranger District of the Cleveland National Forest, from 10am to 3pm every 2nd Sunday, and 4th Saturday of each month. Sound Checks are strickly voluntary, and NO TICKETS will be issued. Sound Checkers are California State Certified.

Enjoy the ride!

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
I went from a 98 to just below 93 with a short pause at 95.3 for less than 300 bucks

It's a yz426, it started with a R4 WB (98dbs) to a Eseries ( 95.3 dbs) to a Eseries with a Q insert ( below 93 dbs )

Thanks for the notice, I'll post it on D37

Top Bottom