Dapper

Sponsoring Member
Jan 25, 2002
Many years ago (1978) I was stationed in Charleston, SC. At that time I had a 1976 MR175 Honda bought new when I was in Sonar School in San Diego. I digress. I road in a poker run in the Francis Marion National Forest and I was just wondering if they still do that type of thing 26 years later. It was a lot of fun. No pressure and if my memory serves me correctly the trails were marked really good and were excellent. Fun for the whole family. Sorry I rambled. I'm bored. There should be a little symbol guy for bored. I'll understand if I get no reponse. It's a pretty lame post. :moon:

TransAm77

Feb 10, 2002
I'm bored too, but mines a differn't kind of boredom. I'm at work and there nothing to do. So basicly I'm getting paid to cruise the boards.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Actually, it's not too bad of a post. It does seem that just about every sort of organized event these days envolves flat out racing. It is very nice to ride without having pressures. And it is nice for a ride that the whole family can enjoy. That is why I suggest joining up one of our local chapters and participating in a group ride. Lots of fun with like minded folks with no pressures. Heck, might even get a good meanl to boot!
Have fun!

sfc crash

Human Blowtorch
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 26, 2001
ok seaman..ha! seaman. anyway. yes. there are many low stress events out there. look up your local AMA club. it'll have all types of rides..from poker runs to trail rides. look dude, get involved again. you got involved enough to protect our freedoms, spend that much getting involved in your recreation. you'll find it fun and easy.....AMA..... :worship: this guy pays me homage.

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
Jaybirds' suggestion is right on. I only ride with DRNers now, as these people are the best and the most fun to be with. Many are way faster than me, and a few are even slower, but no one seems to care what level you ride at as long as we all get there in one piece. :)

FritoBandito

Sep 18, 2001
Since you mentioned the MR 175, you need to check out the bike in the vintage forum that Stormer94 just picked up. It has about 300 miles on it and has been stored ever since. What a find!

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
There are alot of poker runs in PA/OH that envolve racing. I usually do them on a quad since thats what the group i ride with have. Sometimes we camp the night before and ride the next day. Pack a lunch and stop along the way to eat, it's really alot of fun and your usually not as sore the next day.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom