Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
As the title states, I would like to ask a few questions of the off road community.

Please tell me what you will and don't mince words. If I don't hear truth from your perspective, I cannot change mine or address yours.

Platitudes are of no interest to me.

1. Do you believe the state of Texas needs a statewide organization to represent OHV users?

2. Have you heard of Texas Motorized Trails Coalition (TMTC)?

3. If yes, you know about TMTC, do you believe that TMTC is an effective organization? What are we doing right? What do we need to do better?

4. If no, you do not know about TMTC, what do you believe that a statewide organization should do to protect and promote OHV opportunity within Texas.

5. What are you willing to pay yearly to support a statewide advocate for the OHV community in Texas?

DougTx

~SPONSOR~
Oct 5, 2008
Response

Tony Eeds said:
As the title states, I would like to ask a few questions of the off road community.

Please tell me what you will and don't mince words. If I don't hear truth from your perspective, I cannot change mine or address yours.

1. Do you believe the state of Texas needs a statewide organization to represent OHV users?

It would depend on who they are, their goals and how they go about doing this.

I have not.

3. If yes, you know about TMTC, do you believe that TMTC is an effective organization? What are we doing right? What do we need to do better?

N/A

4. If no, you do not know about TMTC, what do you believe that a statewide organization should do to protect and promote OHV opportunity within Texas.

I would be interested in the agenda and what successes the TMTC has had in the past. Do you have a website or more information?

5. What are you willing to pay yearly to support a statewide advocate for the OHV community in Texas?

Like I said, let's see what the group is about and get some more information about them. I am would contribute if the fee was appropraite to action and success and the beliefs follow allong the lines of what I feel.

Hope that helps you....

Mudd Slinger

N. Texas SP
May 5, 2004
Hi Tony!

I supported TMTC at Gilmer in the past (member) but times have gotten tough lately and the idea of helping develop riding areas is always a good thing. The distances to get to the TMTC riding areas can be an issue (need long weekends). I am not up on the organization details and goals but liked how they developed Gilmer. I was there before and after TMTC took over. $10 a day to ride plus $12-15 a night (no pad, electric, etc) to camp seems pratical as a one time fee. Maybe $20-25 for electric and dump station sounds resonable. $50-100 a year membership plus $10 a night to camp and $20 for electric and dump station (no charge for rides) sounds resonable. In my opinion, you either need an annual fee (membership) or a per use fee but not both. I think 2 fees is seen as kind of getting taxed twice for the same thing.

I thinlk most people are sticking pretty close to home now and cost cutting is a major player. My riding has shut down now. I've wanted to go to Ozona but just haven't made it. Has it opened yet? Lately, I will be lucky to make it to one of the TMTC riding areas once a year.

Laurathebum

Jun 27, 2007
Tony Eeds said:

YES

YES

NO, TMTC is good at building & maintaining parks & being a corporate business....but dosent seem to be very good at representing or disseminating info to the user base. Do better?...consider the users statewide instead of just TMTC members

are you talking org of individual?
Thanks for asking and thanks for 4 years of your life
Laura White
ex TMTC outreach director

Top Bottom