Idaho Liquor Dispensary profits soaring

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Papakeith said:
Maybe a certain SILR needs to start brewing so we don't run out on holidays!

Speaking of which ... when we gonna make another brew? I learned my lesson a few holidays ago when I walked into a store in Mass. and grabbed a twelve pack, the guy at the counter totally flipped out on me! "NO NO NO, you can't buy beer today!" I was like "damn, what the hell is wrong with you people, it's a holiday, beer is manditory." Not to mention, they had this HUGE budweiser sign lit up in the front window, :bang:

Flygirl

Jul 28, 2006
I moved to Idaho in '86 from Colorado, at that time in Co. you only had to be 18 to buy 3.2 in the grocery stores and 21 to buy 6.0 in the liquor stores. Idaho was a whole different scene, no 6.0 beer to be found. After taking my husband to CO. for the first time and taking him on the Coors tour, short and long tour :-) he got hooked on Coors Extra Gold. Good thing I have connections because you can only get it in 6 packs here. Rexburg is the next town from us and they just closed down the one and only beer bar which had to be outside the city limits. In Idaho Falls there are only 2 state run liquor stores and if you work past 7pm you're screwed. Only upside is that it's cheaper here than in CO., at least that's what my Mom tells me when she visits :-)

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
We always carried Coors beer when we raced in the midwest. When we would pull into the pits, they would see the California license plates and by the time we got to our spot in the pits, there was always a big crowd following us. At first we thought they wanted to see what was new and trick from California. But, NOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooo! They wanted to know if we had any Coors beer. :whoa:

Soon found out it was good trading stock. You could trade it for tires, parts, a place to sleep, pretty much anything you needed while on the road. ;)

Here in California you can buy liquor anywhere, anytime. You don't even have to be over 21. You just go to any street corner and hire an illegal alien to buy it for you. :laugh:

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Oh I don't know, I was in Indiana the night of a local election and Applebees wouldn't sell me a beer. Seems that it use to be good political practice to get the locals drunk out side and then take them inside to vote..... Wow a night in Indiana and no beer :whoa: ;)

IndyMX said:
I thought I heard that you could only be a member of one club at a time in Utah.. Odd state...

Indiana is similar to Wisconsin..

No liquor sales on Sunday, cept for in a place that also sells food.. Bars & restaurants. But the bar can't just sell food on Sunday to get around the rule, it has to be part of the regular deal.
m take them inside to vote

Flygirl

Jul 28, 2006
Just heard on the news last night that Idaho wants to keep the liquor stores open on Election Day because of a 400k loss in revenue that one day closed will cause. Sounds like we've got a bunch of lushes around these parts..heehee.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
kmccune said:
Oh I don't know, I was in Indiana the night of a local election and Applebees wouldn't sell me a beer. Seems that it use to be good political practice to get the locals drunk out side and then take them inside to vote..... Wow a night in Indiana and no beer :whoa: ;)

m take them inside to vote

After 6pm on election night you can buy all the booze you want!! :whoa:

Actually, I think they encourage getting sloshed at that point. Helps to numb the pain of the insanity that is sure to ensue!

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Guess I went to eat early then. Bu they didn't tell me to stick around for a little while, just not beer.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom