sCarey

Jan 27, 2006
Hi folks, I really like checking out this website. I'm a website newby looking to educate my son in the fine art of slingin' mug, two wheel-style. I'm looking for help in identifying a 1988 Honda XR. Don't know the size but I've been riding dirt and road for over 30 years and I seem to know this bike. A kid friend of mine used to have one many years ago.

The engine number is ME05E-5503158, it's a four stroker. All that's recognizable on the frame tag is the year(1998) and manuf. date (9/98). The carb is approx. 35mm at the intake and the exaust is in the neiborhood of 1" to 1 1/4" in diamater. What's left of the seat has XR on the rear of the orange vinyl, everthing else is gone. The tank looks to have been orange plastic originally. It's a white mono-shock frame with white plastic trim. The swing-arm is aluminum as, I think is the rest of the frame, it's light as older bike go.

Can anyone indentify this bike and so I can find parts for it. My son is dying to learn how to work on bikes and this would be a great learner.

Thanks to everyone,

sCarey

Top Bottom