ddashk

May 17, 2013
hi

i just bought a wee project. it is a 1992 xt125. i am not finding a lot of info online and even less parts.

if any one knows anything i would love to hear it. here are some specific things im after.

was this french only?

anyone got a wiring diagram.

need exhaust (ireland or uk)

as i said this seems to be a fairly rare bike so any info at all would be interesting

cheers, damian

Attachments

• IMG_4658.jpg
    IMG_4658.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 244
Last edited:

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
You might have more luck if you search 1982 and 1983 xt 125 instead of 1992.

I don't know about other countries, but the information I am finding shows the XT125 was sold in the states, but only in 1982 and 1983.

The drum brakes and monoshock suspension were typical for early '80's trail bikes from Yamaha. By the '90's, there probably would have been a linkage suspension and disc brakes.

ddashk

May 17, 2013
hi
i dont want to rely to heavily on info for the early eighties bike as there seem to be some differences but i can't tell how different they really are. mine has 3yu at the start of the serial number and i think the earlier models are 2yu. can any one confirm?

there seems to be some evidence that my model (91-93) was french only at least in europe. mine has hazard warnings in english and french

the part i need the most is the exhaust so if any one know if that is the same one from 82 that would widen my search.

on a more positive note i got it running. carb held on with an inner tube (need a manifold) no air filter, battery or exhaust and she is now starting first kick. i didn't even change the plug, just gave it a good clean.

does any one know if the the rubber intake manifold from a tw125 or sr125 will fit. same engine i believe. one breaker said the tw125 is the same engine just with a longer shaft to the sprocket to accomodate the massive rear wheel.

ddashk

May 17, 2013
various parts of mine (like airbox) are marked 15a

i have found out from the vin that it is a 1991 and says 1992 because it was imported, most likely from france.

im going to get an exhaust flange welded to ss flexible pipe and keep the original rear part of the exhaust as i found an oem one for £250. that is €50 more then i paid for the bike.

ddashk

May 17, 2013
just a quick question about fork seals

the forks are kayaba right way up items witha 35mm stanchion

the seals are marked kyb 35 48.5

i cannot find 48.5 seals anywhere

any ideas?

Top Bottom