Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Chili said:
Just think without that broken chain Dungey would likely have a 4 point lead currently.
If he had finished in what position?

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
#7 is on the pre-entry list posted on RacerX today..

He was holding his lower back as he ran off the track.. Looked like a foot peg to the kidney to me. Eitherway, getting run over has to suck. At least he didn't get the Alessi treatment.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Still incredible how deep into the field Canard got to. MA needs a 750 to keep from getting lapped? And what does he have to do, to get back on the podium?

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Okiewan said:
Go outside?
And that's where the REAL racin' happens IMO.

SX- a show, balet.

MX- race time, big boys.

(This does not mean I think SX is anything like "easy" though, but outdoors... standing by a fence when a bike goes by pinned in fifth while in a rut 2 ft deep takes some pretty big winnebagos... that's racing! :cool: )

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
An outdoor race was the pitfall for MA. He has not been the same since. Totally agreed about MX racing over SX, except for the alleged money part. Good racers are staying home over money.

SpDyKen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 27, 2005
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
Good racers are staying home over money.
I don't think they will be able to much longer. I'd predict that even JS won't be able to afford to do SX only, next year. I'm thinking he's likely feeling the $$ pressure even this year, which is why he's planning on running a few Nationals this summer.

Of course, that's only if he survives the SX season! ;) :rotfl: :yikes:

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
SpDyKen said:
I don't think they will be able to much longer. I'd predict that even JS won't be able to afford to do SX only, next year. I'm thinking he's likely feeling the $$ pressure even this year, which is why he's planning on running a few Nationals this summer.
Yeah, the family needs James racing, he's the bread-winner. :p I sure get that impression on that goofy "Bubba's World" show.

Too much preasure being put on that young man IMO.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
I recall the day my wife and I had the discussion about my oldest son Ryan, fame and fortune. Ryan passed on 3 different groups that eventually went pro. His biggest regret is not doing the Leap at Redbud, not the 20 some broken bones. The last time, a guy named Ryan Dungey won the race, my Ryan found out about valves going south. And technically beat Tyler Bowers! The entire stick a camera in front of someone and believe you are seeing the complete real deal is a joke, reality my eye. I look over a lot of the BS, and find Bubbas World better than darn near any non race show, and would pay money to see big Bubba ride it like he stole it, with no seat. He should not be on the floor of the SX races.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
2-Strokes 4-ever said:
I think #22 and #1 are our only less-often-crashers. Something has to be said for that I think.

I'm thinking Villy, Stewart, and maybe Canard will rock and roll outdoors, but will their riding-on-the-ragged-edge and "falling over ways" produce a championship?
:boss:

Top Bottom