The Axman

Feb 17, 2002
I have a stock 2001 KDX 220. I am slowly adding mods to the engine. So far I have replaced the piston (one horror story of a skirt separating was enough for me). I also purchased boysen power reeds and I want to modify the airbox lid. I currently am running a 145 main, 42 Pilot and R1173L in the 3rd clip position. I ride at about 1000 feet and the temp is about 70-80 degrees. I haven't actually installed the reeds yet do to the effects on jetting. What would a good starting point be for jets, clip position?

Also, the manual states to use a BR8ES but it seems a lot of you guys use a 7. We ride mostly 2nd, 3rd and 4th woods type stuff. Every now and then I've been seen screaming down an abandoned railroad bed in 6th :p . Would I benefit in switching to the 7?

Thanks for all your help.

Crisp

Feb 24, 2002
It never hurts to try the 7. But maybe it will? If you switch, let us know the performance outcome. Since summer temperatures are here and the stock jetting is rich I would go leaner with your jetting. Then again it wouldn't hurt to chop the beast and see what you come up with.

Top Bottom