pimprn

Sep 7, 2006
Hi im new to this 2 stroke jetting and all of this stuff. I just put a procircuit platinum pipe on my 2000 kx 125. it didnt run right so i called pro circuit up they told me i had to jet my carburator, and they gave me these specs:
-158 main jet
-40 pilot
-change clip from 3rd to 2nd
-Change power jet to 48
-Air screw 1 and 1 half (1&0.5) turns

Can someone please help me, i called up a shop and they want $200 to do this i have no idea what to do :S????

It would be greatly appreciated thanks

Soloway_J

Aug 30, 2006
I'm pretty new to the 2 stroke rebuilding and jetting too but i think on of the best things you can do is go out and buy a clymer shop manual for your bike. I've got a 2000 kx 250 and it shows you how to do pretty much everything to your bike. The manuals are fairly cheap too.

adam728

Aug 16, 2004
Buy a manual, or so some searching online, I'm sure you can find a good step-by-step somewhere.

Even in your Canadian/Monopoly money $200 is absolutly rediculas. There are only 3 pieces to buy (main, pilot, power jet) and all together I can't see that coming to more than about $25 Canadian. Someone familiar with the bike should be able to make all those changes in 15 minutes blind folded, including a coffee break.

Yz250JdT250

Apr 26, 2004
Yeah, dont give those people 200 bucks, thats a rip off. The Jets are easy to buy, and the clymer manuals will run you about 20 bucks, they usually have a range of bikes in each manual so the pics might not be of the parts on your bike. Anyway, carb work can be a bit overwhelming the first time. But it is fairly simply once you get the gist of it. I know a great place that can help you out with this. Just gimme an email at chrisbg@comcast.net

pimprn

Sep 7, 2006
kk man thzanks alot for the help, whats the power jet the middle jet in the carb that lets fuel and stuff through?

snb73

Nov 30, 2003
I would suggest purchasing an owners manual for your bike. Since you are just entering the sport, it will help you with the basic maintenence tasks. Keeping your air filter clean, and your oil changed are at the top of the list.

Good luck, Steve.

Here is a diagram of your carburator:

http://houseofmotorcycles.bikebandi...d~305480~model_dept_name~KX125(KX125L2)US.asp

http://www.teamgreennews.ca/main.php

Read these articles:

http://www.teamgreennews.ca/techside.html

http://www.eric-gorr.com/twostktech/carbtuning.html

pimprn

Sep 7, 2006
kk thanks man i would know how to install it i guess its just setting the screws and stuff liek that like how would i know how to set my carb if i was like trail riding or track riding i wanna learn if you could explain what lean and rich means, and what screws to loosen or tighten to make it leaner or richer for what condition i am riding that would be greatly appreciated thanks!! Another thign is different sized jets whats the differences i got pro circuit to give me sizes for my new pipe but i dunno what the different sizes mean and stuff so if someone could clarify what they do and how they work that would be appreciated 2 thanks guys!!

j32

Uhhh...
Jun 8, 2006
bigger jets are bigger-they allow more fuel,and oil to go through the carb---- unless!!!
it is a oil injected motor!!!--- yours isnt
bigger the number = bigger jets
the needle clip-- the higher the position on the needle = a leaner position
the lower = richer position
leaner=less
richer=more
either it would be
richer /leaner---- air,fuel, oil,
to lean out the oil premix you need to use less oil- in the gas /or by the oil injecter-(depends on what model )
you also need a leaner main jet if you change the reeds -(because you will not use the stock reed stops)- and the reeds will open up farther
try good oil!!! -- klotz burns clean and is verry good
i use 36:1/or 40:1
either way your plug needs to burn a tan color,from bottom-mid-top it should be close or the same color
the air screw allows more air in the carb ?1.1/5-- 2.1/5 turns out from the closed position is what alot of them are,i cant say for everyone--im not ***** lol

Top Bottom