Tony C

Dec 2, 2006
Okay you probably don't get this question everyday. My little gorl has a Suzuki JR50 and is having a blast riding it. She is getting pretty good but there is one thing that is aggravating her. It has some type of thing that when she is taking off if she cracks the throttle wide open the bike will bog down. I have read the manual and it say this is what it is supposed to do to help young riders. I have removed the restrictor plate and the throttle limiter but is it possible to stop it from bogging down whan she is taking off? The bike is fast once she gets gong but going up hills and stuff it will bog down if she hits the throttle hard. ANybody?

Tony C

Dec 2, 2006
Woiuld the top end only effect taking off? The bike is fast once it gets to going but taking off if she hits it full throttle it will just bog down. Maybe i need to do the 1st gear mod?? Or get a smaller front sprocket?
Will other Jr50 owners spin the rear tire?

griffbones

Sep 12, 2006
My sons KX85 did the very same thing, and I could never jet it out. Finally one day a main bearing seized, we figured it must have been tight from day one and kept it from reving fast from an idle or low speed. Once you got rolling it ran great, or if you rolled into it easy it ran great, but if you wacked it open from idle or a low speed it would go into a terrible bog.
I am not saying this is your problem for sure, but that is what I ran in to on my sons 2005 KX85.

ZeCatfish

Mar 25, 2005
JR 50 are very picky about the air screw adjustment. Trial and error is the only way I got my boys running right and it was a 2 week fix then adjust it again. Do a search theres a mod to the case to give you a low first gear. One side note if you don't teach them to let off when switching gears it will trash the back wheel and finally the trans. I got a JR50 thats worn out big time from my boy.

Tony C

Dec 2, 2006
Well I think it needed the 1sr gear mod so I did it today. Well I am an idiot I guess because I don't think the clutch is working. It has the first gear but there is no clutch. I got it to go and it makes an amazing difference! But the clutch doesn't work and the last time I kicked the kick start, it busted the clutch cover at the kick start stop!! Now i would like to throw the thing in a pond!!! Does anybody have any pics of how the cluth should be assembled? Where is the best place to get the clutch cover? Maybe I need to take the thing to the shop. I am going to end up spending more money than the thing cost me!

theroyz71

~SPONSOR~
Nov 25, 2003
Tony C said:
Does anybody have any pics of how the cluth should be assembled? Where is the best place to get the clutch cover? Maybe I need to take the thing to the shop. I am going to end up spending more money than the thing cost me!

Tony, did you get it fixed yet? You can go to the Kawasaki website and you can view the parts diagram to see how it goes together. It's the same bike as the KDX50.

Top Bottom