epage46

Mar 12, 2007
Hey there, new to the site hoping you all can help me out. My son's JR80 has an oil leak. It's not a bad one and it only leaks after it has sit for awhile. It runs great with no problems. The oil seems to be coming from near the carb. I think it is pooling up somewhere and just draining through there. Can automatic oil/fuel mix mechanism be the culprit? Does any one have a manual on the subject?

Thanks in advance

ep

TimberPig

Jan 19, 2006
It is possible there is a slight leak in the oil injector system, or it could simply be the transmission breather, letting a small amount of oil drain out of the line and drip on the floor.

Nath_shaw

Apr 26, 2019
[B]epage46[/B], did you ever get to the bottom of oil leak from near the carb? My son's near new (well 18 month old) JR80 is doing the same thing... It is definitely not the transmission breather. The oil seems to be originating from the "rubber" manifold between the carb and the cylinder head...

The Redrider

Jun 14, 2019
[B]epage46[/B], did you ever get to the bottom of oil leak from near the carb? My son's near new (well 18 month old) JR80 is doing the same thing... It is definitely not the transmission breather. The oil seems to be originating from the "rubber" manifold between the carb and the cylinder head...
The intake manifold. Your bike is a 2 stroke, it mixes fuel and gas to keep it running correctly. You should not have any leaks at the manifold, this will introduce un-needed air into the combustion chamber and giving you a lean scenario. Pistons melt when an too lean condition exist. Replace your manifold gasket, and torque your bolts to factory specs, and you should be ok. Oil leaks at the exhaust port are ok, gasket sealer usually takes care of em'. Find a shop manual on e-bay and you will be good-to-go...

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom