Just got here and just bought first bike....

May 3, 2005
Hey all my names James. Im 21 and live in southern CT. I just bought my friends '97 YZ125 from him. Ive never ridden until last Saturday when he taught me....god it was awesome. My bike has a Pro Circuit exhaust, Pro Taper handlebars, and '99 plastics. I believe it also has a larger sprocket in the rear and a smaller one in the front for a bit more torque down low. I look forward to finding places to go ride and practice. Ive only ridden once and i love this sport!!!!! Theres nothing like going riding with friends. When he sold me the bike i also got 4 new rear tires and 3 new fronts. :nod: Thanks for taking the time to listen to a newbie, as I dont know alot about dirt bikes but I understand a bit ! I'll probably be on here a bunch just trying to learn stuff. Later.....

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Welcome to DRN and the wonderful world of dirtbikes.

Make sure that you get yourself some good gear.

May 3, 2005
Thanks! I have a HJC helmet, Thor gloves, and Scott goggles. I actually just rode my friends streetbike( '99 Kawasaki ZX-6E) and now i want one of those too!!! I guess ill get one next summer as i cant afford to pay for both bikes right now :( Oh well i still love my dirtbike!! :laugh:

Ruff Rider

Sep 14, 2004
Youre going in a good order. People that can ride 2strokes, esp 125's, will have alot more experience with handling a bike in bad situations.

Good Luck and have fun

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Welcome to the site :cool:

Be sure and go to your User CP and update information relating to your location, type of riding, etc. After that grab a spot on the couch and tell us a bit about yourself. How long you have been riding, what kind of riding you prefer, where you are located, etc. We will do our best to hook you up with some fellow dirt bike enthusiasts.

Check out the Damn Yankee Dirt Riders forum for some folks in your area.

Again, welcome to the site, and shout if you have any questions!

Top Bottom