Just move to Seattle from Arizona

jpmanska

Jan 15, 2004
Hey all,

Where are some good trails around Seattle? Where can I get some good maps of trails? Any info on riding in Washington would be appreciated. My wife and I are dying to go out but have no idea where to go.

Thanks,

joejoe

Jan 21, 2004
Seattle area

This time of year the best riding is at tahuya, near belfair...west of bremerton. also up near mount vernon at walker valley. excellent winter sand/dunes is near moses lake and richland, and then juniper forest near pasco. when the snow melts...look out! 2500 miles of wenatchee national forest trails and some of the best riding in the country will be available.
joe

jpmanska

Jan 15, 2004
splatt said:
Check out this sitehttp://www.nmaoffroad.org These guys are the biggest dirt bike organization in the state. BTW welcome to the rainy state There are quite a few people on the boards from around here.

Steve

Thanks splat I found them and sent in a membership last week and Im waiting for my membership to come. Hopefully soon I will get some info from them.

jpmanska

Jan 15, 2004
joejoe said:
This time of year the best riding is at tahuya, near belfair...west of bremerton. also up near mount vernon at walker valley. excellent winter sand/dunes is near moses lake and richland, and then juniper forest near pasco. when the snow melts...look out! 2500 miles of wenatchee national forest trails and some of the best riding in the country will be available.
joe

Damn joe sounds like you know your way around here. Could you give me some directions to Tahuya? I would just take the ferry to Bremerton.

I did join NWA and am hoping for some info soon, so I can get out and lean some of the trails.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hondaxrguy

May 17, 2001
If you're up for some true woods riding, Reiter is the place to go. It's within an hour of Seattle. I'll be up there Saturday, you're welcome to join. Sunday I'll either be at Victor Falls, or Tahuya.

Jeremy

joejoe

Jan 21, 2004
jpmanska said:
Damn joe sounds like you know your way around here. Could you give me some directions to Tahuya? I would just take the ferry to Bremerton.

I did join NWA and am hoping for some info soon, so I can get out and lean some of the trails.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Just click on the link that splat provided to nma...then on link to orv trails locater, and then upper left quadrant on wa map and tahuya is right there.
Joe

jpmanska

Jan 15, 2004
joejoe said:
Just click on the link that splat provided to nma...then on link to orv trails locater, and then upper left quadrant on wa map and tahuya is right there.
Joe

I was looking at the map and there are alot of trails. Which ones can a 2 stroke ride on? Can I ride on the blue DNR Main trails? I know I cannot ride on the roads but does that mean all other trails are fair game?

Thanks,

jpmanska

Jan 15, 2004
Hondaxrguy said:
If you're up for some true woods riding, Reiter is the place to go. It's within an hour of Seattle. I'll be up there Saturday, you're welcome to join. Sunday I'll either be at Victor Falls, or Tahuya.

Jeremy

I was looking at the map and there are alot of trails. Which ones can a 2 stroke ride on? Can I ride on the blue DNR Main trails? I know I cannot ride on the roads but does that mean all other trails are fair game?

We should be out there on Sunday.

Thanks,

zero_it

~SPONSOR~
May 20, 2000
All the trails at Tahuya are open to motorcycles. Some are also open to quads, check the brown carsonite signs at the beginning of each trail for approved use by vehicle type. Stay on the trails on the west side of the Belfair-Tahuya Road until you are comfortable with your ability to ride and navigate your way back to the trailhead. There's pushing 200 miles of trail in about 20,000 acres, lots of opportunty toget lost!

jpmanska

Jan 15, 2004
zero_it said:
All the trails at Tahuya are open to motorcycles. Some are also open to quads, check the brown carsonite signs at the beginning of each trail for approved use by vehicle type. Stay on the trails on the west side of the Belfair-Tahuya Road until you are comfortable with your ability to ride and navigate your way back to the trailhead. There's pushing 200 miles of trail in about 20,000 acres, lots of opportunty toget lost!

Thanks for the info. I just want to make sure that I dont do anything wrong.

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
Whenever your ready ask me about where to go to ride MX & AX around here. I went a few months ago to a real interesting place near royal city. Pretty wide open, lots of kewl fire roads to blast down but also alot of hill climbs.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom