Just picked up my 250 EXC tonight!

Speedway

Jan 23, 2002
I am really excited after about fifteen years heiatus from trail riding. Reading the KTM posts really made my mind up to buy this bike and I am very appreciative. This really is a fantastic site and I am a proud member. The problem is I picked her up tonight and I haven't ridden it yet on the trails, only in a parking lot. For you Georgia, Florida members, if you are in the market for a new KTM, call H&H KTM (just outside of Atlanta) its a family owned business and they are really great people who will give you a fantastic deal...even shipped to me for free. I will post again for first riding impressions! Thanks again
:D

agitt73

~SPONSOR~
May 11, 2000
they feel odd until you get used to them
and you will love the power ive got 20 miles on my new 200 exc

Strick

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 8, 1999
Congrats - Read the owners manual thoroughly, and start posting questions. Most of all Have a Blast! ;)

nostones

Jan 18, 2002
Speedway,

I am an Atlanta native and purchased a used 250 EXC ('99) from them about 6 weeks ago. H & H is such a friendly operation, I've gotten over dealer costs and pretty much deal exclusively with them. I have found them to be very competitve on most items, anyway. Just last week I had some jetting questions - I took my carb to H & H and the guys gave me a 30 minute lesson on basic carb tuning. Mike even took my carb apart and installed new jets....I know that's an easy task, but unlike most other shops I used to visit, these guys are genuine, honest and great motorcycle people.

You should see the 125 EXC they have on the floor (behing a 'No Touch' sign). Apparently it's one of five in the US - an anniversary model decked out in green plastics with yellow trim. Price tag? For a joke, Barry stuck a $20,000 sticker on it.

Have fun on your new 250....I moved up from a 125 with some concern about being able to handle the additional weight and power, but so far it's hasn't been a problem.

Sean

Speedway

Jan 23, 2002
NoStones,
I probably will visit there shop, I did the deal over the phone with Patti, it was really a no hassle situation. She told me the best price she could do, offered no tax (I live in Florida) and offered to ship for free. I met her and Barry off the side of I-75 and picked up the bike. Your right they are real motorcycle people, they spent time answering my questions and then some. I will continue to do business with them.
Thanks

nostones

Jan 18, 2002
FYI -

They stock EE aftermarket parts that are almost the same cost (if not the same) as the EE website. Patti is a gem....knows alot about bikes and if you can ever get Barry to tell some of his stories from way back, the visit is becomes a real treat. If you ever come up this way to visit the shop, keep my e-mail addy around. There are some excellent trails to ride within 2 hours of the Atlanta area, with a wide variety of skill levels required. I tend to take my riding a bit too seriously, but usually get with a group of guys that all have their own pace.....this year the weather has been good for us with the exception of a rainy weekend or two and I have managed to get 4 good Saturdays of riding in on my 250. Still trying to get my suspension dialed in for my liking, but I'm not far off. Being a 30 yr old of average height/weight (5'10", 165) stock settings are almost perfect for me with the exceptio of the fork compression. A little stiff, but I'm working on loosening that up a bit.

Anyway, enjoy the ride.

What part of Florida do you live in?? My parents have a place on the gulf near Destin and I have always wanted to trailer my bikes there to ride but haven't heard of too many places to ride in the panhandle.

Sean

dieseljo

Feb 10, 2002
I to just brought home my first KTM

Hello all,
I have purchased many new bikes in my 30 years of riding and I feel compelled to say the 2002 KTM exc 400 I brought home this week was by far the most impressive purchase I have made yet. The magical orange binder is full of great stuff that I did not receive with any other bike purchases, including the mighty KTM pen...:D This KTM was purchased to do one thing MOTARD. At almost half the cost of aftermarket parts, I ordered KTM SuperMoto 17" wheels, SuperMoto front brake kit, SuperMoto front fender, and other misc items right out of KTM Power Parts. I maybe under powered compared to Honda's 450 or Yamaha's 426, but with the wide ratio trans and late braking I should be able to make it up. I am looking forward to this new adventure. :cool: dieseljo (www.dieseljo.com) (www.superbikers2.com)

marcv125

Oct 29, 2001
Now this is fun!!!

9901f_gif.jpg

Andy%20&%20Mitch_jpg.jpg

102801p_jpg.jpg

102801_oo_jpg.jpg

WOOOOOHOOOOO

Speedway

Jan 23, 2002
Nostones, I live in the Orando area, its about an hour and a half from Ocala national forest, great trails and federally protected land. I will let you know if I come up your way and you do the same, there are places to camp and ride right from your campsite in Ocala. Panhandle does have an MX track up there so I'm sure there is riding. Anyway, took my first real ride on the 250 today, after years of not riding. I humbled me at first, but suprising how fast the memory comes back on how to ride. Very flickable power, but still breaking it in. Very impressive bike, I really love 2 strokes and KTM knows how to make a great one. I'll post when I break her in.
Thanks

Top Bottom