NSD-GHoST

Nov 16, 2005
Hi all,

I am new to rideing and working on bikes, I have recently had my first crash and i broke my Throttle sleeve. Well i figured it would be a simple fix, boy was i wrong...

I have purchased the new throttle sleeve, and i put it on same way i took the other off..
Then the nightmare happend... NOW its like the Throttle cable is to long, when i turn the throttle it wont come back up and i here the cable clicking trying to come off the throttle sleeve, I know this is not anything major but i have worked on it for like two hours trying to adjust the screw and it did nothing but make it worse, So my question is have i done something wrong on putting it back togeather or have i missed my throttle cable up and need to buy another one...?
I have also tried moving the throttle body back on the handle bar to take out slack but that hasnt worked either.. so i am clueless...
Please help all suggestions would be greatfull.. ;)

NSD-GHoST -out-

QKENUF4U

Nov 13, 2005
have you played with the adjuster on the carb and the throttle body on the bars ? turning it out will take up the slack. just make sure the throttle is closing all the way if you get it to tighten up. and make sure the throttle cable slides inside the adjusters. is there one cable or two on your bike ?

crazy4nitro

Aug 31, 2005
is the cable frayed on either end where it starts into the cable housing. It's possible the crash may have partially broke the cable....Just a thought..

Crazy

NSD-GHoST

Nov 16, 2005
Thanks for the quick responce guys, I havent tried anything on the carb as of yet didnt want to miss with it unless i had to, Only thing i have tired is moving the throttle body on the bars and it seems not to help much, I will give it another try this weekend, when i connect the throttle cable to the sleeve the cable is long to were it has slack in it, then when i twist the throttle of course it gets more slack then it wont retract back up.. making the slack worse.. i will try several diffrent postions on the bar see if i can get it ... I will post back around sunday to let all know if i got it or not..

To answer the question about the wires i only have one throttle cable ... to the sleeve..

adam728

Aug 16, 2004
Sounds like your cable is broken in the housing. The carb has a large spring to push the slide back down, which will pull the cable back in when you release the throttle. If your cable isn't pulling back, then most likely it is broken.

And moving the throttle housing on the bar does nothing to adjust the cable's working slack, all it does to adjust the overall slack of the cable. To actually adjust slack you need to make the outter cable sleeve longer relative to the inner cable. This is done with the adjustment nut/sleeve on top of the carb.

Top Bottom